Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Living in a city with no gas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Living in a city with no gas

Well i am not sure about the rest of u guys but the last week and a half have really been crazy around here. I live in Nashville,TN and well at last report about 87% of the gas stations around here have no gas. I never thought i would see the day where we would ever run out of gas in a city the size of Nashville but i guess those days have got here. Needless to say this has put everyone on edge in this city. Never seen folks fighting, spreading 4 letter bombs to each other, guns getting pulled just over who gets gas first. I was home down in West Tennessee for the weekend and things were just fine. Oh well i guess it is a sign of the times. I hope everyone else is able to get the gas they need and arent having this problem in there backyard. I guess i am off my soapbox now.

Chris Fowler
    Midtenncrappie1

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Memphis and hadn't heard of a gas shortage until heading to Kentucky lake fishing this past weekend. My buddy mentioned the gas steadily increasing in price as we went east. It was nearly $1 per gallon more once I got past Jackson than it was in Memphis. I guess they were looking to gouge a few people from Nashville desperate for gas. Don't get how they can just raise prices as they want certainly doesn't seem right.

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to hear about that in Nashville. My brother lives up there so I guess I need to call him and see what's up

Post Thanks / Like

Hope they get it cleared up in the next few weeks.Getting ready to head to leesburg secind week of October 1300 mile trip and the last thing I need is a gas shortage on the way.Might have to reroute.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in southeast Alabama. I stopped at three stations before I got gas and they were only allowing $40.00. They had only one of nine island's open.
    Traffic was scary light for such a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I was almost embarrassed to be out with a boat. Most of the stations I passed going to the water had all their pumps bagged and zero patrons.
    We're having trouble fueling our work trucks this week.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you have plenty of gas for your boat don't worry about your work trucks. LOL! It is amaizing how Nashville and surrounding areas are suffering to find gas and here in Memphis it's a dollar cheaper and every one has it.. Guess it is the whole supply and demand thing....

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing here in Chattanooga,gas is going fast.Some stations have it, most don't.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Man this is odd to me, in Va you wouldn't know there was a problem. The prices haven't changed much, no signs on pumps no talk of gas shortage. I know it will happen one day but for now we are oblivious to it.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I am surprised to hear this, too. I live in Eastern Kentucky, no talk of shortages or price gouging here. In fact, two weeks ago on Crappie.com there was talk of prices going up really fast, and I went and filled up my van. Prices went up 25 cents over the weekend, but now they are the same as they were two weeks ago.

There can be no doubt that we as a nation are addicted to oil. Neither the shortages nor the price gouging can be things that should take us by surprise--in fact, I'm surprised that we lasted this long without stuff like this happening. We gotta find ways to cut our petroleum use in half, and a lot of that comes from driving fuel efficient cars that get at least 35 mpg. Gas guzzlers are putting this country in a big hole that we aren't going to be able to fight our way out of.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that, but I do remember back in the 70's when a gas shortage hit the entire country for a while and yes people didn't act well at all.

Hope it's over soon for you!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast