Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fishing line

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing line

What kind/brand of line do yall like for casting jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

I use Mr Crappie Super Vis. It's strong & easy to see. Price is right too. Spools have 1980 yds and were about $6 at a local bait store. I also like Stren, but seem to have much better luck with Mr Crappie. I like to use 6 lb test.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want sensitive line that will greatly enhance your ability to tell you're getting a bite buy flourocarbon. It's expensive but great stuff. If you fish vertical try braid.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Speckfinder ....

Quote Originally Posted by speckfinder View Post
    What kind/brand of line do yall like for casting jigs?
    I'm currently using 4lb Mr Crappie Super Hi-vis mono, for all my casting & dock shooting outfits. Pretty good line. I've also heard a lot of hoopla over Sufix Elite Hi-vis yellow. Can't tell ya what the price is on my Mr Crappie line ... won the spool in a Crappie.com contest :D Sufix Elite runs about $7.50 for a 330yd spool. Sufix was purchased by Rapala, and some members are having problems finding the 3000yd spools ... but, the 330yd spools are available in several places.
    Outside of mono, for jig casting .... I do have one outfit that has PowerPro Braid 10/2 Hi-vis yellow. Main purpose of that outfit, is to cast Roadrunners & Whirly Bees

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabela's

Cabela's has the Sufix in 3000 yard spools, but they aren't showing anything lighter than 8# test.

Link here.
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world."
    John Winger