Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: cranberry/goodhue lakes report

Post Thanks / Like

Default cranberry/goodhue lakes report

Hit both of these small lakes in steuben county near Addison Ny today. Caught about 20 crappies, none were 9 inches, and a bunch of blue gills. Goodhue only one crappie about 10 inches and 4-5 8 inch bluegils. All on ice jigs with waxworms and a slip bobber.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RM Fishin
    Hit both of these small lakes in steuben county near Addison Ny today. Caught about 20 crappies, none were 9 inches, and a bunch of blue gills. Goodhue only one crappie about 10 inches and 4-5 8 inch bluegils. All on ice jigs with waxworms and a slip bobber.
    I've caught a bass, bullhead and blugill but never a crappie from Goodhue Lake. You wouldn't think so but there are a few monster bass in that little lake.They can be found during the spawn in gravel beds along the roadway on the west side of the lake and hanging under the docks there. Never seen them during the regular season though. Catch a crawdad, hook it up and drop it in front of them. It's about all they would hit a couple springs ago when I was last there.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to catch the big bass, it is the middle of the night in a boat on goodhue. I'm going to go back to one of them friday with my brother and the jonboat. I'm the guide, he does everything else. Weekdays are good because the is a lot less people.

Post Thanks / Like

I caught mine in the middle of the afternoon on a cloudless day as the sun beat down,from on shore. First sight fishing I ever did, but they sure spook pretty easily. Just happened to by driving through the area, I sure didn't plan a fishing trip that day.