Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat cover questions

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat cover questions

My boat cover doesn't fit snug and sags in some areas. Any suggestions on a cover supporter that really works? I been "Windows" shopping. ha

Never bought a cover support device but have used poles.

Help?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem and this is what I did. I used 1/2" pvc to make an arch support. I used 2 pieces about 1 foot long each glued together with a tee in the middle. I made two sets like this, these are the "feet" for the arch. They sit on the floor against the side wall of the boat so the arch doesn't fall over. I then took a long piece (you will have to play with the length to get the height you want) and inserted it into each of the tee's to form an arch. For storage, pull the long one from the two feet and it all lays flat. Make two or three supports as needed.
    Hope the makes sense and helps

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you post a pic tacklebox2tn? It sounds like just what I need also.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Metal Conduit

I made a couple out of conduit. I formed an arch then put an "L" on each end for legs. I over bent the "L" so it would lean into it a little if that makes sence. One in front and 1 in back.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat cover support

an easy and effective way to support your cover is to use either a rachet strap or just a length of rope and stretch it over the motor cal and over both seat backs and tie it off to the bow eye tight enough to to hold the cover up. You don't have much to loose to try it. I've done all the support pipe and other things and this works better for me and you don't have all the other things to fool with. It will even hold up to pulling it down the road. ppp
    honey.'':o the weather is to bad to work in the yard so I think I'll go fishing''

Post Thanks / Like

Tom I used PVC that fit over the seat poles. Think it was 2 or 2 1/2" and then on top a elbow. And a piece of pipe back to the back of the boat. Worked great in my War-EAgle.
    Mine on the lund has adjustable poles that fit into the cover. They work great even on the hwy at 70 MPH.
    Guessing you have the boat back?
    Pete

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed View Post
    Tom I used PVC that fit over the seat poles. Think it was 2 or 2 1/2" and then on top a elbow. And a piece of pipe back to the back of the boat. Worked great in my War-EAgle.
    Mine on the lund has adjustable poles that fit into the cover. They work great even on the hwy at 70 MPH.
    Guessing you have the boat back?
    Pete
    Yep.

Took the day off today. Gonna mess with it tomorrow. Had it a month and ain't got it wet, yet.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole , if you are like me I tried to do things as easy as I can. I use a nylon rope. Tye rope to the front of boat, (2)leave front seat on pedstal, (3) Run rope over seat to top of outboard. (4) with rope on top of motor carrry the rope to the fins where the prop is and tye off. Raise motor before tying off and used the weight of motor to tighting the rope. If you have power tilt be careful and not pull rope to tight. This is easy and works for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem, even with a support strap running from front of boat to back of boat with better results but still a lot of sagging. I found that the cover was just long enough to go over my motor so that I could pull it tight. There was a d-ring there and I tied it down to the skeg to keep it tight. Looks and performs like it was made for my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Yep.

Took the day off today. Gonna mess with it tomorrow. Had it a month and ain't got it wet, yet.
    Good luck with the boat cover... And better luck with a limit of fish out of the boat the first time its wet...
    I am heading To Sardis tomorrow.:D
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast