Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this is kind of embarrassing

Post Thanks / Like

Default this is kind of embarrassing

Was out this morning fishing by myself enjoying the scenery along the river and went to do a back hand cast and did such a good job at it my pole threw right out of my hand and into the water

Wasn't sure what to do first so i threw out my anchor and grabbed another pole( 2 hands) and on my second cast i was able to snag onto the line, well the bail was open on it so i ended pulling out all the line till the rod tip came up and pulled it up.

I never always tied my line to my spool before winding string on it and just happened to this time, well I'm a firm believer on doing that now. I hope I'm not the only one to ever do that before.

Also i never caught a fish

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

NICE CATCH!! Can't say that I ever have but I'm sure I've done things just as bad!

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of 2 summers ago, I took my then 5 year old nephew to my buddys pond. He hooked into about a 4 lb. bass and the fish pulled the rod out of his hands and into the pond it went. We rigged up a treble hook on another pole and after several attempts we snagged the line. We got the pole and the fish was still on the line. I'll never forget the look on that boys face when that big bass pulled harder than he did.

Post Thanks / Like

i feel for you but i think we all have done things like that before atleast you got it back
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

If that's the worst thing that ever happens to ya', you're in great shape. I've heard some real doozies!!!
    Hey...jerk...your bobber's under!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of a few years ago. One of my Friends, my Son, and myself were fishing a pond on the Triangle Ranch out of Paducah that had been stocked with catfish and never fished. My Son laid his rod down just long enough to tie his shoe. Danged if that isnt when about a 9 lb cat took the hook and all into the water. My Son tried to catch it but it went too fast. I hooked up a slip weight and a trebble hook and on the second cast caught rod and catfish as well.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

But you caught your fishing ROD...which is better than I have done this summer X TWO.
    Yup two rods over the side trollin' (even in a rod holder for one). Two ultralites into Davy Jones' locker.

But it got better. The fish are biting now on Ouachita. ...and that's a good thang.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

I gave my first Grandson (he was 5yes old) a reel for Christmas and as he was learning to use it he laid it down on the dock with the jig dangling in the water. A large Bream came up and hit it and flipped it into the water. We managed to get it back with a grappling hook and saved the Bream also. He learned a good lesson and caught the biggest fish of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

At least you got the outfit back, and yes I always tie an arbor knot to the spool just for that reason.

Fatman

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad for the recovery. There should have been a fish on it!
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast