Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Loon Lake /Steuben County

Post Thanks / Like

Post Loon Lake /Steuben County

I hear there are no motors allowed, sounds like a nice quiet place to fish. Any info available on launch sites and hot spots?

Post Thanks / Like

Its been a couple years since I have fished Loon Lake but I dont recall there being a problem with motors. They water ski it so I cant believe you cannot use motors. The only launch I recall is at the Lafalot Restaurant/bar. they have a launch right next the the place and it used to cost $5 to launch. Nice lake. Yes it has Crappie and yellow perch, However I would rather fish Honeoye if your looking of Crappie. Chub

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Loon is about at the end of the travel range I'm willing to go seeing how I start on the PA border. It would tie in nicely with a little trout fishing in the Cohocton River so I could make a day of it. The stocked browns in the river usually make easy spinner catches once you kayak away from the heavily fished areas.
    I've heard good things about Honeyoe (whatever) from a guy in Naples but he is surrounded with great fishing spots!