Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todays catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Todays catch.

I posted a thread a few weeks ago looking for tips to catch more crappie. As I stated, I can catch a big crappie ever once in a while but never consistently. Well, it's happened again today. I had a great day of fishing though. I fished off the dock for about 3 hours. Caught 3 bass (two 3lbers), 2 trout, and a crappie. The bass were hitting hard today and I had tried for crappie earlier and came up with nothing. A while later I put on a lead head grub that I caught a bass on earlier and dipped it about a foot into the water right next to the dock and the crappie hit it within a second. Tried to catch some more but didn't.

First, a few pics of the lake I work on, which is my main fishing spot. (yes the docks are backwards, the wind/rain sent them sailing out into the lake the other day.)

A rainbow, a brown and a crappie. The crappie was 13.5" and about 2'' thick.

I felt bad, the brown was filled with eggs but I didn't release her because she would probably not have lived.

I froze both trout for next weeks dinner and filleted the crappie, dipped it in egg then in breadcrumbs, pan fried it then threw the rest of the egg in the pan. Add some Frank's and my mouth was watering. Nice sized meal.
    Last edited by Blackradio; 09-19-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats nice mess of fish
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

thanks.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your catch- keep after them Nice looking lake
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet although I'd have to leave the Franks off LOL

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

I love Franks on most things hah.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. The fish here in Idaho have gone down deeper at about 15 feet. They are suspended at that depth at the present time. My friends were out and filled a Ice chest with crappie. They caught about a hundred. Using jigs that I have given them to try. Red/white tube jigs and black/chartruce.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch, looks like you did well :D
    Jesus Said: Come, follow me & I will make you fishers of men.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Jones View Post
    Nice fish. The fish here in Idaho have gone down deeper at about 15 feet. They are suspended at that depth at the present time. My friends were out and filled a Ice chest with crappie. They caught about a hundred. Using jigs that I have given them to try. Red/white tube jigs and black/chartruce.
    I've been trying to catch them at around that depth but haven't caught any yet. Gunna try tomorrow again.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Nice fish you have (had) there...and good looking lake.

aj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast