Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First time Fishing Truman Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time Fishing Truman Lake

I will be fishing Truman Lake on Saturday around the Warsaw area. Anybody have any tips on whats hot or where to start. I appreciate the help. I will be in town on Friday without the boat if anybody is willing to show me a thing or two let me know.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be putting in at Bucksaw around 7:30 or 8 this morning. Have been catching fish shallow around the cedar and hedge trees. But lake has came up 8 or 9 ft. since last weekend. I will start shallow this morning and see what happens. If you come up this direction I will be in a silver and red Champion with a 175 merc.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the Grand Wednesday afternoon and thought the fish were still transitioning with the rapid rise but maybe I just missed them too. Caught a few good fish but thought the bite, again after midday, was somewhat tough. I'd agree with what Jigging 15 said, cedars and hedges in shallow water and start working your way deeper. I did catch my two biggest fish at 8-10' however around pole timber sitting in 30' of water on Wednesday.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to join you jigging but i won't be in warsaw until the afternoon. Good luck