Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ help for this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ help for this weekend

My dad and some of his brothers will be at LOZ this coming weekend and I was trying to get them on some crappie. One of my uncles has a place on the Gravois arm at mile marker 38. Any help would be appreciated...smedley
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Scott,

This may not be too much help. I am on the Big Niangua. Not sure of the location you mentioned. There is not a 38 mile marker on the Gravois arm - it's not that long. So I am guessing that would be the Osage arm.

Anyway, what we have found is that they are in 8-12' of water in or over brush and you might catch a few keepers early on each spot, then you might as well move and find another spot.

Red head, white body and chart tail tubes, yellow and white tubes has been good. There is a lot of muddy water due to last weekend's rain, so may have to move to find better water.

Hope this helps a little, and good luck.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Monk and i found em to be scattered all over the place we caught em from 8' to 25' most fish were suspended over brush and wanted the jig moving,fish docks and laydowns over deeper water and you'll catch plenty of nice loz fish.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

you may try the purvis bay area(36 or 37 mi marker) and find some,,, jmo
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mark lo View Post
    Scott,

This may not be too much help. I am on the Big Niangua. Not sure of the location you mentioned. There is not a 38 mile marker on the Gravois arm - it's not that long. So I am guessing that would be the Osage arm.

Anyway, what we have found is that they are in 8-12' of water in or over brush and you might catch a few keepers early on each spot, then you might as well move and find another spot.

Red head, white body and chart tail tubes, yellow and white tubes has been good. There is a lot of muddy water due to last weekend's rain, so may have to move to find better water.

Hope this helps a little, and good luck.

^^^^^^ what he said

there are some docks around 36mm that might suit your fancy. pm me and i may give up the locale

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help ya'll. Sorry about the location was just going off what the old man told me. I read some of the other posts from last week or so and seemd they were catching on shallow crankbaits. Is that bite still on?
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

not sure ,that probably was the report that mr.baker posted from around the mid to lower lake area,,i would imagine it will depend on the water, i would guess there will be some current up river as they say heavy generation for the next 3 days and with truman lake at 716.6 i would guess they will be releasing also,,good luck
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER