Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: guide

Post Thanks / Like

Default guide

when you hire a guide for 4hr. does he fish the four hours or does he quit when you catch your limit or can you fish for other fish

Post Thanks / Like

never hired a guide but if i did i know if i was paying for 4 hour's, then 4 hour's of fishing and learning is what i would expect...no matter what specie's of fish we were targeting at first. and i'm assuming that's the way a guide would be...heck i would assume he is your's for 4 hour's. catch a quick limit, have him teach ya some thing's. show you some hot spot's. then have him wax your boat, cut your grass, run errand's for ya:D he he he...j/k all you guide's out there, just having some fun.
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The guides I have hired fish for 4 hours if hired for 4 hours. Once the limits were caught, including the guides I have asked to fish for other fish or information and they were always willing. I will say there are good and bad guides so do some research before you hirer one. I have had very good experience with the exception of one witch I was disappoited with the lack of effort he put forth in finding the targeted fish. You may want to ask here if you are interested in certain lake and I am sure you could get some reference for good guides.

Post Thanks / Like

If it's Truman, talk to Just Jiggin, He can get you in touch with a good guide on Truman, or JJ might actually be guiding now too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    JJ might actually be guiding now too.
    NOW THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE.......:D:D U KNOW HE HAS BEEN THRU RICHARDS CLASS A FEW TIMES.... JUST MIGHT BE THE NEXT BIG THING...
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Don't you mean to say that MRS. JJ might be guiding??????:p She catches the most fish! Go MRS JJ! :D

The guide to hire on Truman is Richard Bowling. He guides and manages Bucksaw Marina. You can reach him there at: (660) 477-3900

They have a really nice place there at Bucksaw and you won't be sorry that you hired Richard. We've hired him multiple times and have only the highest regard for him and his fishing ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

a friend went fishing on beaver in ark. when he got his limit the guide said thats it when he goes he fishes no fish he hires a guide at the last minute on big holiday starting next summer I will start useing a guide

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guideing

I have to agree with KCBALLER....JJ & Mrs JJ guiding is about the funniest thing I've ever heard :D

What we have learned about crappie fishing has been by hiring guides and trial and error. Richard Bowling is probably the best all around guide I've ever fished with. Not only is he a great guide but a great guy also and we have become good friends. He will do what ever you ask him to do. In my opinion he is the best guide for Truman - he did afterall win the Mo Crappie Masters Championship.:D

Another couple of guides we would reccomend is Barry Marrow and Todd Huckabee in Crowder OK - on Eufaula Lake.

From what I've read on this board .... everybody would be a good guide.

Post Thanks / Like

What they said.