Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Roll Call

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roll Call

Jusmakin sure that everyone is okay after the storm that blew through on Sunday. Had several limbs that fell, lost a shutter and a few missing shingles.. Overall I was very lucky.. Jushopin that all our members made out better than me. Never lost power but no cable or internet as of now. Posting with my BlackBerry and killing time reading post about fishing since I can't go.

Post Thanks / Like

I am still alive. The house made it through with no damage. Power was out for around 12 hours. Nothing compared to a lot of others. I hope anyone who was out on a lake Sunday morning got to the dock before the hurricane hit. That would have to be a heck of a ride! I had planned on going and just couldn't drag my tired butt out of bed. Good thing I guess.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi.
    The wife calls, and says, "My Tundra isn't moving - until it gets cut free.
    "I say what?" She replies, "The two big trees fell in the front, and in the
    back of the truck - you couldn't have dropped it between them any
    more perfect. Not a scratch!"

I'm thankfull that there was no real damage to speak of with the house
    or property. Everybody pulled thru ok here in the Cincy area.

Rick.
    Last edited by Cincinnati; 09-17-2008 at 01:03 AM.
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Right on!

Glad to hear ya'll are are still kicking with minimal damage.. My cleanup is done.. Now I need to go fishing.. Can't wait until Monday!!

Post Thanks / Like

We weathered the storm pretty fair, mostly leaves and twigs. I am hoping to find some new structure in our local lakes. Never have too many trees on the bank.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

I was in WV on vacation. Nothing much happened over there, just a little breezy one day.
    I guess we lucked out missing the high winds you guys had here.

We did loose power at our home for maybe 24 hours and had a few limbs down but nothing too serious. My son came over and checked on everything. Unfortunatley, he didn't fare as well. He still doesn't have power. He said a huge tree took out 4 utility poles on the next street over from him and it's such a big mess that Duke is skipping it and working on areas they can fix easier. He was on vacation "camping" the week prior to this and as he says he gets another week of camping at home. He's really has a good attitude about it, he never complains. He says "This isn't so bad, the people in Texas have it worse, at least I still have my home". It kind of puts it in perspective.

About that trip to Bluestone Lake in WV. I didn't get in as much crappie fishing as I would have liked but we did manage some time on the lake. Our biggest crappie was right at 15" (my wife caught it) and we had enough action to make it interesting. All fish we caught on jigs, we just never stopped for minnows. We did manage a few trips to the Greenbriar River to wade fish for smallmouth which is always a hoot. The biggest smallie going right around 2 pounds.

Now it's back to reality. I hope everyone else is doing okay.