Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Gas Prices today...

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation What is going on with Gas Prices today...

Anyone,
    Can anyone tell me what is going on with gas prices today and what the outlook is for the rest of the week? I am heading to Pensacola Florida on Thursday morning, returing Sunday back to Kentucky. Any knowledge on what the prices are, where they are going, and is there going to be a problem of gas stations running out of gas? I will be traveling mostly down I-65 thru Ky, Tenn and Alabama. Any info from anyone would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like

Go to GasBuddy.com You can get prices from all over the country.

Post Thanks / Like

Bassky,, your guess is as good as the rest of ours.
    Just get your wallet out.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, bend over and grab your cheeks. I'll be doing the same. Headed for a trip to Lake Winnie in Minnesota on Friday. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Panic buying has started to spread over the entire southeastern US. Be prepared to pay and pay and pay. Gas in Nashville was $3.99 on Saturday. This was the cheapest I found while driving from Knoxville back home. Knoxville was $4.99.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking about switching my truck over to natural gas. Just need to work out the details. NATURAL GAS $1.50/gallon. A little bit less economical as far as fuel mileage but burns cleaner and we have plenty of it.

The Hound

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieHound View Post
    I'm thinking about switching my truck over to natural gas. Just need to work out the details. NATURAL GAS $1.50/gallon. A little bit less economical as far as fuel mileage but burns cleaner and we have plenty of it.

The Hound
    I have natural gas in the house, could I fill it at home? If i needed gas away from the house where would I go. What carry hoses and look for a house with narural gas?
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a natural gas van provided for me by the state (Va). The requirements were insane! Plug it in overnight? Yep, park in front of the pump, and spend the night waiting to fill high pressure fiberglass tanks. It was a ridiculous rattle trap to say the least, but it worked.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieHound View Post

The Hound
    Just get a few cans of BUSHS BEANS, you can eat and go.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Well I didn't say I had all the details worked out but I'm looking for an alternative to the madness. When you say it was a rattle trap was that because it was a old gov't vehicle or are u saying that the natural gas performance wasn't any good.

I'm going to look into providers of natural gas. On extended trips you would probably have to fill up with gas on the return trip but while at home, where I use 95% of my fuel, I would be saving money...I hope. I'm hoping that you can have both systems and switch from one to another. There is some research that I need to do but I'm tired of sitting on my hands. Until we get serious about telling these nut jobs that we aren't playing the game anymore they will continue to run over us.

I think Brazil runs completely on alternative fuel, I.e. no petro. I believe it is sugar cane that they use.

As far as plugging it up is concerned...I can do that. Had a diesel once and had to do it in the winter. I am interested in the fill up procedures. Can't see why you couldn't have a tank that recharged quicker than overnight to fuel up at. I guess if you had a 200 gal. tank at the house it would be easier to charge than something that was as big, I don't know, as 1,500.

It may not come to past but I know my dad was talking about taking a class over at the local tech. school where they walked you through the process of converting your car and all that goes with it. I know some comapnies use propane because I can smeel it when I get around one.

Oh well, just my two cents.

The Hound

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast