Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Three days of pain and pleasure

Post Thanks / Like

Default Three days of pain and pleasure

Thursday I have an evening charter out of Solomons Island and my client is a long time client and has some major talent with a fly rod. Our evening starts out with a two acre blitz on rain minnows by 3-6 lb blues and several over 18 inch convict bass.
    Great evening and dark clouds moving in so day was over. At the ramp my brake line burst and well it took many hours to arrange tow for boat & trailer and a midnight drop at Midas for the truck.

A kings ransom later on Friday I retrieve my truck and go home..

Saturday is Paxfest and a dawn patrol. We dodged many a charter boats trolling right thru busting fish and managed a few blues until I spied a school of bunker and fished them. Now bunker splash all over the place but not on your fly. I found a big popper over top will draw the big blues to bite. It was hard work but it worked...

In the afternoon we got back out to feeding fish but really had to cover a lot of water to get the right bite.

On Sunday it was another dawn patrol with some good fishermen. Many doubles and many yellow eyed blues hit on spinning rods.

And this handsome bass got taken and released.

On the way home one hour later my trailer bearing spun. Three hours later I limp home.

Capt Mike

Post Thanks / Like

boy capt. mike seems like you sure have alot of fun down there may havre to get me a trip with you next year. them are some nice fish .
    Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    Thanks for your continuing support of the MD forum; your reports are always interesting and informative. I'm going to have to go crappie hunting with you one of these days.

Papermouth44 (Ken)