Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: labeling trotlines

Post Thanks / Like

Default labeling trotlines

Just checked the Wildlife code book to see what it says about labeling. 3CSR 10-6.410 Fishing Methods page 53 at the bottom it says that they shall be plainly labeled on a durable material with the full name & address. I do not know what they are calling plainly labeled. But I wouldn't think that hiding your label at the end of your line that is under water would be plainly labeled.

Post Thanks / Like

I write all my info on the jugs I have at each end of my lines. Can't get much more visible than that.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    I write all my info on the jugs I have at each end of my lines. Can't get much more visible than that.
    I built my own jug lines using pvc and noodle. I just write in permanent marker on the noodle exactly what it says to write, when it starts to wear i rewrite right over the old writing. Pretty easy, always have a sharpie somewhere as well!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke with a gentlemen this weekend and he said in the old days they used clothes pins, with the info on them, on their lines in the river and that was good enough for the game wardens.