Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BobG - don't bother trimming............

Post Thanks / Like

Default BobG - don't bother trimming............

...............the weedguards on those new heads. Seems they work straight out of the bag for crappie.
    The few I caught during a quick trip last night all were hooked w/o issue. And the guard actually acted more like a retainer; hook and back side of guard kept the fish "clamped".

Certainly could fish cover a little deeper with them, so that soft material apparently won't be the issue I thought it would be in regards to snags.

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zig
    ...............the weedguards on those new heads. Seems they work straight out of the bag for crappie.
    The few I caught during a quick trip last night all were hooked w/o issue. And the guard actually acted more like a retainer; hook and back side of guard kept the fish "clamped".

Certainly could fish cover a little deeper with them, so that soft material apparently won't be the issue I thought it would be in regards to snags.
    This is good news. I am planning a trip to the local lake sometime this week. I will give them a try.
    You know I am going to have warm them up for our event. It will be a pleasure to kick your butt with your own creation! :D
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G
    This is good news. I am planning a trip to the local lake sometime this week. I will give them a try.
    You know I am going to have warm them up for our event. It will be a pleasure to kick your butt with your own creation! :D
    You guys are killing me..... hey Zig, if you still have my addy, send me a few of them to try on shenango. I've lost almost all those firetigers i got from you. They worked great but those brushpiles love them too. :D Smitty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    You guys are killing me..... hey Zig, if you still have my addy, send me a few of them to try on shenango. I've lost almost all those firetigers i got from you. They worked great but those brushpiles love them too. :D Smitty
    How about some 'tigers done on the weedless head? (Haven't even painted any of these yet)
    However....................................I believe I will need to be informed of this "secret lure" you westernites have been holding from me before any production starts! :D

Post Thanks / Like

It will be a pleasure to kick your butt with your own creation!
    You know me well enough to know I'm smarter then that! I keep the biggest guns in my tackle boxes.

Rule #1: never, ever under-estimate your competition
    Rule #2: make certain you are always two steps ahead of the game
    Rule #3: if rules#1 and 2 don't work, cross fingers and start praying
    :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default chaunc

parivercat - you're in trouble! It's been brought to my attention that I was to be left in on the "secret western lure" last fall!

That's alright though, a certain individual stepped up for you. Guess I need to start painting.......................... :D

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Secret Lure

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zig
    parivercat - you're in trouble! It's been brought to my attention that I was to be left in on the "secret western lure" last fall!

That's alright though, a certain individual stepped up for you. Guess I need to start painting.......................... :D
    Zig, even I know of the secret lure, and was sworn to secrecy by another who purchased them, and shared them with us, when we met him at the lake. It seems to me, too though, that I shared a firetiger with chaunc the first time we met each other. Why else would he be hollering for some of those soon to be World Famous ZigsJigs, and OH MY, the now soon to be ZigsJigs Weedless Jigs!!! This is all just too much!!!

Still waiting for you to decide on my proposal to you also. :D Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S10CHEVY
    Zig, even I know of the secret lure, and was sworn to secrecy by another who purchased them, and shared them with us, when we met him at the lake. It seems to me, too though, that I shared a firetiger with chaunc the first time we met each other. Why else would he be hollering for some of those soon to be World Famous ZigsJigs, and OH MY, the now soon to be ZigsJigs Weedless Jigs!!! This is all just too much!!!

Still waiting for you to decide on my proposal to you also. :D Keith
    Keith, i've been using those tigers ever since. Just today, i used one of the two, 32nd's that i have left and hammered the slabs. I put a green twister tail on it and a split shot. They wouldn't hit the secret lure so i put a new combo together with the primary color.... and a shad body. Fished it 4 ft under a bobber in 8 fow. C&R a limit but only kept 14 and 1 cat. I couldn't find any fish on the banks. They were all over brushpiles. Zig, i've got 1 32nd left. SEND HELP :D

Post Thanks / Like

Cool BobG- don't bother trimming......

Big Zig---- Kermit says the agreement was You'd see the "Secret Weapon"
    at the Meeting but SINCE you didn't make the Meeting the "Secret Weapon" is still a Mystery AND Kermit had them there with him to show you So the
    Secret goes on till another Meeting?
    HAPPY FISHIN Y'ALL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parivercat
    Big Zig---- Kermit says the agreement was You'd see the "Secret Weapon"
    at the Meeting but SINCE you didn't make the Meeting the "Secret Weapon" is still a Mystery AND Kermit had them there with him to show you So the
    Secret goes on till another Meeting?
    I have a confession to make.......... did you see the Bush baked beans commercial where the dog talks...... well .... it's no secret with Zig now. :D The dog's loose now. :rolleyes: :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast