Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fall Crappie...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Crappie...

How do you fare at taking them in the fall? I normally check out a few regular brush piles, but spend a lot of time working points and steeper banks.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Well, CR ....

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper View Post
    How do you fare at taking them in the fall? I normally check out a few regular brush piles, but spend a lot of time working points and steeper banks.

My Fall fishing accounts for mostly fishing in Oct & Nov. In Oct I'm pretty much shooting deepwater docks, on Watts Bar. If I get a chance to get out in Nov, it's usually fishing standing cedars .. about 8ft down, over 20-30 FOW ... at a more local lake. But, I have gone to WB in Nov, and found them over flats with timber (8-12ft depths) and around deep cliff walls. The fish are usually staging in ambush points, waiting on the shad schools to wander into the backs of the creeks/bays (Oct)... then again, on their way back out to the main lake (Nov). At least, that's the normal routine for the KY/TN area that I fish.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I catch fish in the same places in the fall and through the winter as I do in the summer. I just have to fish a little deeper and a little slower. It makes a difference in the colder months if I tip my jig with a shiner. Like I have said before, all of my fishing is done in the Tenn-Tom waterway and river fishing is different from anywhere else I,ve ever fished.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yup Jign...

seems to be about the same for me.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.