Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 997 mount on jon boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default 997 mount on jon boat

Does anyone have one of these on a jon boat, if so where would be a good place to mount it? Any ideas or even photos would be appreciated. Have had the 997 about four months now and haven't even tried to put it on the boat yet been working on our new house. Still a lot of work to do though. Will the gps puck get damaged if it gets wet? My boat sits outside for now. This is also in the electronics forum, just trying to get some feedback here on the main board.

Post Thanks / Like

You can mount that baby anywhere on the boat. The puck is waterproof and will withstand staying on the boat. Look at Ram mounts web site and choose a mount. Make sure to get a 1" mount to support the weight of the unit. They also sell a bracket that you can attach to the mount for installation of the puck. Very nice! Would also be a good idea to get a mounting plate to install the transducer to. It will allow you to move it without having to drill more holes into the boat. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Teamwatterssonar.com makes a portable for everything the antenna and transducer that can be mounted on any boat and taken off with ease ya might have to e-mail them and ask for pics alot of Search and Recovery Outfits are using them
    CrappieGeorge

Post Thanks / Like

Theres a guy In Ga that mounted his in a john boat. I think here was pictures on here at one time.
    Now I will tell you if its say a 14 or 15ft boat. IT can make the boat run to one side. As the transducer is so big. That it will act as a rudder when running.
    My GPS receiver gets wet a lot. Not an issue.
    Pete