Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MU Football Game and Recognition

Post Thanks / Like

Default MU Football Game and Recognition

I was in Columbia today for the game against Nevada.

Our troops and the military were honored as part of the pre-game. A stealth bomber from Whiteman flew over (awesome...and humbling when you think about what the plane is capable of!). As a citizen of the United States of America, I felt very proud and thankful for what these men and women are doing for our country. Later when together with my friends and other attendees, we realized everyone felt the same way.

On a lighter note, we were there for the football game. The weather was not pretty...it rained on and off all game. The offense was awesome. I'm sure they will not "run amok" on Big 12 defenses, but they will score alot. The defense shows some promise, but still a little questionable.

Just wanted to share...Mizzou Fan Forever...go Tigers!
    Gadget Man

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto that!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't at the game,but we did get to watch it on Fox Sport Network since the baylor game was moved up to Friday night cause of Ike. I thought it was a very impressive win against a pretty good team. On one hand I wish Kansas would of won, but then again being a die-hard mu tiger fan, I'm glad they Lost.

Post Thanks / Like

I always want the Big 12 teams to win when they are playing outside the conference.

However, as a lifelong MU fan, I only want success for KU when it benefits the Big 12 or us directly.

This year, I especially want KU to win so the game in KC has more significance later this year. KU is a good team, but they ran into another good team Friday night!

This has the makings of a very successfull season for the Tigers. If everyone stays healthy it is going to be great!!!
    Gadget Man

Post Thanks / Like

I would get goosebumps at any game with a fly-over. Doesn't matter whether it's a rival or my team. The Illini had four fighter jets fly over their game yesterday. It's a great reminder that we have a strong and brave group of men and women fighting for us so we enjoy things like rooting for our respective teams. Well said, Gadget.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty impressive win. I was pretty impressed with Nevada. They had alot better team than I expected. Definitely not a cream puff. As for Kansas, well, they're Kansas. I like rooting for the National League teams, but it's still hard to root for the Mets. Go Tigers.
    Last edited by drfishjd; 09-14-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget Man View Post
    I was in Columbia today for the game against Nevada.

Our troops and the military were honored as part of the pre-game. A stealth bomber from Whiteman flew over (awesome...and humbling when you think about what the plane is capable of!). As a citizen of the United States of America, I felt very proud and thankful for what these men and women are doing for our country. Later when together with my friends and other attendees, we realized everyone felt the same way.

On a lighter note, we were there for the football game. The weather was not pretty...it rained on and off all game. The offense was awesome. I'm sure they will not "run amok" on Big 12 defenses, but they will score alot. The defense shows some promise, but still a little questionable.

Just wanted to share...Mizzou Fan Forever...go Tigers!
    Amen