Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bad Weather on Tournament Day!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad Weather on Tournament Day!!

Well it nevers fails if our club has a tournament the weather will go South! Pre-fished Friday and caught allot of fish. My ten best was a little over 10 lbs. Get to the boat ramp Saturday morning and the wind was blowing 15+ mph straight up the gut of the lake. Went to where I pre-fished and had to drag a 5 foot piece of 3/8 logging chain on 25 feet of rope (great brakes for a boat if you haven't tried it) on each side of the boat to fish. Just let the wind do what the trolling motor would of had to do. Caught a good number of fish but only had 6.71 lbs with my ten best. Lost a good fish that would have helped. Finished in the middle of the pack! Still in the top ten for the year but have several good teams getting close. Winner blew the rest away with 14.90 lbs.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

It never fails for me, that on tournament day something happens. Once several years ago a trolling motor less than a week old completely quit at the dock unloading the boat. Another time, the friend whose boat I was fishing in, his motor would only run in reverse. OLe murphy's law has a way of rearing its ugly head at the worst of times.

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Speak of tment bad luck. Two buddies and I have gone to the Muzzy Classic Bowfishing tournament at Guntersville 4 times. First year blown motor. Second and third year fried trolling motors. This year power pack went out on Friday. After searching all of North AL on Sat. we got it fixed at about 4:00pm. T started at 7. Either way we finally got to shoot. Once I fished a bass T at KY on Fri. we slammed them everywhere we went. Had a few real good ones blow up on buzzbaits with bent over hooks. Thought we had a good shot. Rained like Hades that night, temp dropped 10 deg and struggled to find 4 keepers on Sat. Caught all the keepers off a 200' stretch of bank we didn't even check in practice. Before noon we fished that bank once from noon till 3 we went back and forth with different lures catching small fish till we had 4 keepers. The thing is when the weather is bad, everyone has to deal with it so you just gotta do what you can
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.