Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got Skunked

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got Skunked

Well, i went out on the water early this morning hoping to have a repeat of a couple of weeks ago. I got there a little after six, put in and went to honeyhole number one. Well, i got there , got all set up and laid a minnow and a slip bobber in about 8'6" of water. After i did that, i thought i would throw a small Ratl'trap around just to stay in practice. The screen were showing fish high and low and i started thinking, man i am just too good. Apparently the fish don't have that opinion, hour later, no fish. So i went to honeyhole number two. Used just a minnow and slip bobber this time. Caught two in five minutes. Man i am just too good. Hour and a half and two bluegills later, man i really suck at this. Well, on to honeyhole number three out in the main channel. Marked some fish, anchored off, dropped the minnow down to about 11 feet. Wham. Man i am just too good. Catfish. *%&#) Dropped another minnow down, wham, bluegill. *&#)#@ Well, twenty minutes and two slime balls later, on to "This is my secret weapon spot" honeyhole. Marked fish everwhere, dropped two minnows at different depths with a crappie rig, two hooks per pole, then started using a 1/64th chartreuse jig with a white crappie nibble on my small microspin rod. Fish were everywhere. The longest pole went down , then back up and i thought, man i am just too good. Turtle.*&#)# I know when i am whipped. Packed up, thought well i can always run hard for a while. Came out of the cove by some guys fishing slow, i didn't want to rock them, then gunned it. Apparently the motor doesn't think i am just too good. Got some bad gas or something, had to putter back to the dock. Had freaking huge pontoons passing me.LOL. Anyways, got home, put the fake a lake on and found a plastic linkage to one of my carbs had come loose. All in all, great day for fishing and sight seeing but not a great day for catching. Surface temp at woods about a foot down, 73 degrees.

slab_seeker Guest

Default You may suck, BUT

You beat the hell out of working and those of us that did'nt get to fish.
    You didn't do bad, don't be so hard on yourself at least you didn't catch any of the supper trash fish.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Well, i went out on the water early this morning hoping to have a repeat of a couple of weeks ago. I got there a little after six, put in and went to honeyhole number one. Well, i got there , got all set up and laid a minnow and a slip bobber in about 8'6" of water. After i did that, i thought i would throw a small Ratl'trap around just to stay in practice. The screen were showing fish high and low and i started thinking, man i am just too good. Apparently the fish don't have that opinion, hour later, no fish. So i went to honeyhole number two. Used just a minnow and slip bobber this time. Caught two in five minutes. Man i am just too good. Hour and a half and two bluegills later, man i really suck at this. Well, on to honeyhole number three out in the main channel. Marked some fish, anchored off, dropped the minnow down to about 11 feet. Wham. Man i am just too good. Catfish. *%&#) Dropped another minnow down, wham, bluegill. *&#)#@ Well, twenty minutes and two slime balls later, on to "This is my secret weapon spot" honeyhole. Marked fish everwhere, dropped two minnows at different depths with a crappie rig, two hooks per pole, then started using a 1/64th chartreuse jig with a white crappie nibble on my small microspin rod. Fish were everywhere. The longest pole went down , then back up and i thought, man i am just too good. Turtle.*&#)# I know when i am whipped. Packed up, thought well i can always run hard for a while. Came out of the cove by some guys fishing slow, i didn't want to rock them, then gunned it. Apparently the motor doesn't think i am just too good. Got some bad gas or something, had to putter back to the dock. Had freaking huge pontoons passing me.LOL. Anyways, got home, put the fake a lake on and found a plastic linkage to one of my carbs had come loose. All in all, great day for fishing and sight seeing but not a great day for catching. Surface temp at woods about a foot down, 73 degrees.