Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War Eagle FF mount ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Question War Eagle FF mount ideas?

I've got a War Eagle LDV that I'm trying to mount a HB 717 near the rear switch panel. I've looked for ideas or pictures on the best way to mount it, and the only way that I could see that would work well would be to take a peice of flat stock and bend it so that it had a flat place at the bottom and an angled peice at the top to bolt to the acessory track. Excuse my drawing, but kind like this:

Has anyone else made a mount like this?

Any pointers or suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shblakely View Post
    I've got a War Eagle LDV that I'm trying to mount a HB 717 near the rear switch panel. I've looked for ideas or pictures on the best way to mount it, and the only way that I could see that would work well would be to take a peice of flat stock and bend it so that it had a flat place at the bottom and an angled peice at the top to bolt to the acessory track. Excuse my drawing, but kind like this:

Has anyone else made a mount like this?

Any pointers or suggestions?
    Have you looked at any Ram Mounts?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

either that or maybe a piece of stock right off the top of the switch block it self?
    ~Don't just take a kid fishing, Teach Them!~Only keep what you need~

Post Thanks / Like

RAM mounts are the best. I'm sure they have one that would fit your application.

Post Thanks / Like

Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

they make a mount just like your drawing for war eagle boats. saw one on a friends boat the other day. you may want to check with a war eagle dealer.

Post Thanks / Like

Matt's deal is the ticket. I mounted a cheapo Garmin on my WE in the same spot without the RAM though. Trouble was, it was a bit close and I had to look way down to see it. With the RAM, you can tilt it forward withouth moving the switch assembly, plus you can tilt and swivel it for the best angle.

Past that, yeah, you're idea will work as well, but I'm sold on the RAMs. If you're going with a 5" finder like the Eagle 480 - go ahead an pony up for the 1.5" ball mount. 997/1197 sized units go with the 2" or even the 2.5.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to ram mounts web site. They have extension arms that will allow you to still mount at the location of matt smith's picture, but will allow you to extend out to where you want it. i have a 997 on a 1" double jointed arm that extends out 18" so that I can turn it to the front and use if I want to double check on what I saw at the front of the boat. If you don't see what you want on the website, call them. They were very helpful in making sure I had the right equipment to prevent damage or failure. Very sturdy even at a horizontal adjustment. Can't beat a ram mount for electronics.

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't really looked at the RAM mounts b/c I wanted to keep it as low in the boat as possible since I'll most likely leave it in the boat during duck season. I looked at the RAM mount website and got a few ideas.

I've got a second station mount for the front of the boat that has a TM transducer. I plan on using a 10' extension cable so I can unplug it when i disconnect the TM for duck hunting. Has anyone else done something like this?

Post Thanks / Like

I duck hunt as well. (imagine that) Anyhow, I haven't really found a need to have the fishfinder during duck season, so I take it off and store it in the gun box. That said, it goes on and comes off quickly. Ram also makes arms that are lower, or you can get a longer arm and "hang" the fishfinder inside the boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast