Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double-rig for tightlining

Post Thanks / Like

Default Double-rig for tightlining

I just wanted to see how all you other guy's tie your double rigs. I have been using them for tightlining for years but I want to see if someone has one better than mine. I use a double swivel tied about a 12in above the end of my line then I tie a 18in leader of 6lb with jig on that one. Then I put my egg weight on the end of line with a bead then another swivel on end of line then I tie another leader with jig on the end. Its kinda a pain in the but but it works really good. and if I get snagged I usually only loose one leader or the other not the whole rig.
    Last edited by bnwbassman; 05-16-2005 at 08:53 PM. Reason: mistake on description

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

well, I do it 2 different ways. The first most effective way I fish is with an egg sinker or just a heavy weight of some kind on the bottom like a drop shot rig. Then, I tie two hooks above the weight, each about 10 inches apart. This allows me to actaully hit the bottom from time to time and not get snagged.

Also, I will tie two jigs and put a weight in between them for slightly fast tightlining. This gives the baits a little better looking action. I have used swivels, but I look so much tackle I get tired of re-rigging so much. Plus, it is just another thing I would have to spend money on. I simply use a guides knott, tieing the jigs and hooks right to the line for quickness.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alabama crappie

Hey david when are we going on an alabama guided crappie trip. Would love to catch some of them big ones you have up there. I was lucky enough to have my good friend (and president of the floirda crappie association) teach me how to crappie fish. I was nothing but bass, and I still fish my bass tournaments but I love the crappie tournaments. After fishing all day you don't go home feeling beat up and tired. And its nice to catch fish all day. I got my kids doing it and when I take them fishing now I have to argue with them to let me bass fish a little(they think it is boring). Anyway will have to try your rig, never put the weight on the bottom, cant do alot of bottom bouncing in lake or rivers in central florida, too many stumps, brushpiles, cars, mobile homes, etc. lol.

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

you give me a call and we will set you up. We do have some nice crappie here, and even better just 3 hours west of here in Grenada, Sardis, and Enid. But Pickwick and Wilson put out some very nice size slabz. If you are serious, call me or send me an e-mail. I will be down your way around June. Was given 3 days of free golf from a travel company we went on a band trip with. I think they may have worked out a fishing trip on a lake in Disney. Will have to see.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone take a picture of their method of rigging for this dummy to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Default here's my way.

I sketched you this wonderful pic. You can set the leaders what ever length you want I try to keep the double swivels about 12 to 18 inches apart. I use about a 1/2 to 3/4oz egg sinker and a plastic bead to protect my knot. works really good. 6 to 8lb test line.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bnwbassman; 05-19-2005 at 12:37 PM. Reason: needed more info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here is mine

Here is one of my favored rigs... It can be used river fishing as a stationary bottom rig, It can be cast and retrieved slowly dragging the weight on the bottom, or in the can be used as slow trolling rig for deeper water crappie.

~Fishin' Magician~

Post Thanks / Like

Have any of ya'll tried the Eagle Claw Crappie rig? Bought some today and going to try them this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spoon
    Have any of ya'll tried the Eagle Claw Crappie rig? Bought some today and going to try them this weekend.
    You talking about the ones that have enough hardware in them to build a Space Shuttle and enough red beads for a "Lady of the night"?
    Last edited by VietVet68; 05-19-2005 at 04:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a rig similar to Bassman's but I tie on snap swivels about 2' above my sinker, another about 15" above that, and use Eagle Claw #2 pre-snelled hooks attached to the snap swivels. I use pensil (drop shot) weights for my weights, usually 1/2 oz. I don't have much trouble with tangles and I catch crappie. It works for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast