Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance 332C Gps questions???

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance 332C Gps questions???

New boat has 332C with GPS. It has a slot for the mmc/sd card but no card. It has a base map on it. But would like to get a card with depth contours for Truman. There are lots of different ones out there. What are some that you guys have? Likes and dislikes. Also are the cards the same for different Lowrance units? Want to make sure I get what I need the first time. Thanks, Jared

Post Thanks / Like

hey jared, i don't own a fancy unit like that myself...but couple of my buddie's that fish that area a lot for green carp have the Navionics 2008 South version and are very happy with it. hope this help's. NEW BOAT! congrat's...hope you like it. maybe i'll get to sit in it one of these day's:D
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Navionics in one unit and a Hot Spots in the other. Don't know that I can tell a whole lot of difference on the lakes around here.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Do not purchase the Navionics premium maps with the 1' contours to use on Truman. Unless you fish the lower end of the lake, they came to the lake with ice on it. So must of the upper end of the lake is worthless, and most coves. On the Osage arm the lake runs out of water at the Hwy C bridge! Thankfully I have a garmin with the hotspot maps for back up.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 units and use the Hot Spots in both. I have been very happy with them on Truman, LOZ, Stockton, Table Rock, Grand in OK, Lake Fork and Tawakoni in Texas. I give you the different lakes to show the number of lakes I have used the card on. There are many more Lakes I did not list.

I would not be on the lake without one, there is a great amount of detail on the card to show hazards as well as marked fishing areas, trees, stumps, road beds, and most import to me is the channel when on a new lake or location on a lake. The card also has roads around lakes which I have used to find launch ramps, and marina's. I think the Hot Spots are by year and I think I have a 2006 and a 2007 so I am not sure what is on the newer cards.

I think you would be very happy with the card and also much happier with your 332.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a hot spots map. I was at Truman 3 or 4 years ago and saw some of the boats they use to make them staying at the Super Eight. I think there were 3 or 4 loaded with electronic equipment. I can't remember who they were with but they had a decal on the side of them. I remember rain and a lot of it.. I like my map but haven't witnessed anyone elses so my opinion is limited.