Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thinking about modifying my Tite Lok rod holders, input please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking about modifying my Tite Lok rod holders, input please

I mainly do long line trolling. I use the Tite Lok rod holders, 2 up front and 2 in the rear.

This is my current type of holder

However, I'm thinking of making mine look like this. (Some Right Hook and Some Left Hook)

Has any one done this?

Does anyone see any type of problem with me doing this?

Post Thanks / Like

hey lungbuster, I modified my holders in this fashion. There is no down side to doing this that I have found. However, I guess I haven't see a benefit either. When I lift the rod out to set a hook I lift the tip straight up from the reel. I don't slide it out the side opening. I used a Dremel tool to cut them out and purchased some liquid plastic dip from the local hardware store to cover the rough edges. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Lb - I use driftmaster and do not have the open side, but if you mount the holder as shown on the right side of boat I can see where a striper or hybred or even a solid hang-up could pull the rod tip back and swing the handle out through the opening. I hit something now and then that will turn my holders. That opening probably should always be to the back of the boat. Other poster said he just lifted straight up anyway so it was not an issue -- I do same. Good Luck, Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I am like Jeepster04 I lift mine up and not an issue with the back at all. I have 8 of those. And sure like them.
    pete