Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman Lake

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake

Anybody do any good this weekend with all the rain? Bob I passed you in Windsor and waved. I was in the wifes car so you may not have known who I was. How was your day on the lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Hit Truman today from Long Shoal to Pretty Bob. We caught tons of fish but only had 20 Keepers

Minnow was the bite.

Clear water to stained water. Best bite was early but did catch some after noon. Fished from 8am -1:30 pm. Most keepers came in 12-18 ft of water. We fished all new area's to us.

Was looking for something to hit on the next Slayers Tourny that launchs out of State Park. I dont think the fish will be there 3 wks. Will try down around Fairfield next weekend. It has been good in the fall.

Had 6 nice fish 1-1.5 lbs and the rest were good eaters. We did practice catch and release today. Our friend that went with us today let a 2lb white crappie go back. Mr JJ let his drum & cats go also :D

Water temp last wk - 81
    Water temp this wk - 71-75 with a back current

We have pics if anyone wants to see them - will post upon request

Post Thanks / Like

Jared, when I am on my way to the lake I am thinking about only one thing......what's good for lunch. Fishing was slow but I managed a couple of limits of some decent fish, largest being just over 13 inches. Fished from G14 to Otter Creek. Caught most of my fish pitching jigs towards the bank and slowly working them back to the boat. More like a Spring bite than a late Summer. Slab Busters in black/pink and black/chart. Black/pink worked best. Also set 2 trotlines and caught 11 nice cats.....blues and channels. Let's go fishing.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jiggin View Post
    Hit Truman today from Long Shoal to Pretty Bob. We caught tons of fish but only had 20 Keepers

Minnow was the bite.

Clear water to stained water. Best bite was early but did catch some after noon. Fished from 8am -1:30 pm. Most keepers came in 12-18 ft of water. We fished all new area's to us.

Was looking for something to hit on the next Slayers Tourny that launchs out of State Park. I dont think the fish will be there 3 wks. Will try down around Fairfield next weekend. It has been good in the fall.

Had 6 nice fish 1-1.5 lbs and the rest were good eaters. We did practice catch and release today. Our friend that went with us today let a 2lb white crappie go back. Mr JJ let his drum & cats go also :D

Water temp last wk - 81
    Water temp this wk - 71-75 with a back current

We have pics if anyone wants to see them - will post upon request
    I would like to see one of Mr JJ Cats!

Post Thanks / Like

sorry PB no pics of the cats - one channel and one baby blue and I do mean "baby"

Post Thanks / Like

You did better than I thought you would with this crazy weather. I think it rained here today four different times before it finally moved on this afternoon. Sounds like a great day! Thanks for the details.

Post Thanks / Like

Great morning bite until 11 am or so, really toughened up after that for me. Grand from Bucksaw to just above Long Shoal. Jigs in 8-12', had to "make" them hit it seemed though by doing something, anything, unusual. Wide variety of sizes from very good to sardine size. Beats mowing the lawn,,,,which did anyway when got home. I'm headed to the Osage next time for some new scenery. Big change in water temp this weekend from last.

Post Thanks / Like

wow sounds like a lot of fun to me. fishing new spots is always good practice. hope it's still on about camp time. nice reports all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    wow sounds like a lot of fun to me. fishing new spots is always good practice. hope it's still on about camp time. nice reports all
    Yep Beagle, I'm the worst contradiction to "don't leave fish to go find other fish". Soon as I figure something out just got to go try something else, some would call that dumb but if the shoe fits I guess,,,. Bout time to make a trip to Stockton with what I'm seeing here.

Post Thanks / Like

Like Beagle said....Nice reports all.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast