Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tite Lok Ultra Question

Post Thanks / Like

Question Tite Lok Ultra Question

I have 2 of the Tite Lok Ultras with 4 rodholders per side. Use these for spider rigg'n.

When adjusting the rod holders for rod seperation and angle it seem that I can't get them just like I want them. One or 2 will be a little too close or too far apart to suit me.

I noticed that there are 2 sets of mounting holes for the little washers that hold the holders in place. If I rotate the washer to the opposite 2 holes will it make a 1/2 degree or so change in that holder's position?

I hope I explained it right.

Anybody know?
    Last edited by Wiskers; 09-07-2008 at 04:45 PM.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I a member of Tite-loks pro staff. Take the metal and the rubber washer off of the screw and put the screw back in the hole on the T bar and tighten it down. This way you have metal against metal to tighten down. The holes in the washer doesn't have enough variance in the holes to allow you a slight adjustment. The way I am telling you to assemble it, your adjustment is infinite. If you have anymore questions contact me by PM and I can talk you through it on the phone. Thanks for buying Tite-Lok.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskers View Post
    I have 2 of the Tite Lok Ultras with 4 rodholders per side. Use these for spider rigg'n.

When adjusting the rod holders for rod seperation and angle it seem that I can't get them just like I want them. One or 2 will be a little too close or too far apart to suit me.

I noticed that there are 2 sets of mounting holes for the little washers that hold the holders in place. If I rotate the washer to the oopposite 2 holes will it male a 1/2 degree or so change in that holder's position?

I home I explained it right.

Anybody know?
    Whiskers, you are correct in the way you're thinking. There are 12 "teeth" on the top of the locator washer, and two bigger round pins made on the bottom of it. The small positioner pins on top are 30º apart. There are two sets of the bigger holes on the T-bar. If you lift the toothed washer up and rotate it to where the two big teeth on the bottom are in the "other two holes", each of the 12 teeth are now 15º from where they once were......in other words, it allows you to rotate the pole half of what it was before from tooth-to-tooth. The best way to verify this is to mark one of the 12 pins as to where it's at before you move the washer to the other holes, then move it, and notice the spot where one of the 12 pins were is now halfway in between two of them. I hope this makes sense.
    Last edited by luvjign; 09-07-2008 at 02:37 PM.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Just do like I said and take the washers off and you don't have to worry about any of the washer nonsense. This way you can also can get your holders much tighter. I have 4 sets of Tite-loks on my boat and all are fixed this way.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What Luvjign said and also throw away those bolts with the wings on them. They won't stay tight. I used regular stainless bolts with lock washers and that fixed the problem.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks Guys

I been monkey'n with these things today and I think my problem is solved.:D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I replaced the plastic head T-screws with these. They let you get the torque to keep'em tight....solves the loosening problem.RK-77 Reid Supply Company
    Well worth the small price you pay.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

If you have new Tite-Loks, they come with the big T handles so you can tighten them down better. If you take the black plastic part off of the old style, it is a hex head nut underneath it so you can tighten them with an allen wrench. The same goes with the set screws of your bases.