Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Baylor Lake Childress, Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baylor Lake Childress, Texas

I took the kids to Baylor Lake out of Childress, TX today to see how low it had gotten since we have had a heck of a dry spell here. This used to be a very nice bass lake with bas in excess of 13 pounds being taken off of it as well as some nice Crappie and Catfish. A few years ago it got Golden Algie 2 years in a row and now its drying up. Its 30 miles away from me and I cant even put my boat in. Its a horrible site.

The one below is looking up from the waters edge to the boat ramp

This one is 2 of my Kids standing on a dock that I can remember the poles being all the way under water.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

That's a shame! We were 17' low a couple years back and the next year the lake was closed due to high water.

Hope things turn around soon for ya'll out West.
    Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Man that's bad!!!!! Wish we could send you some water we've had enough of it in Vermont with flooding several times this year. Not to wish a hurrican on you guys but maybe some of the water will fill you guys up a little.

One thing for sure, I'd be taking pictures of the layout of the lake and marking it on a Topo map for when it fills back up.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

that is bad but hold on cause the answer is on it way in the form of ike hope you ride it out alright
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Man if I were you I'd be out there driving stake beds and staking down brushpiles.