Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newbie

Hi everyone,
    I'm a real rookie when it comes to crappie fishing, but wanted to join your forum to learn as much as I can. I have fished for crappie in the past and caught a few. Its not a sport that I put a lot of time in, but when I did fish for them I really loved it. I live in S.Florida but I'm getting ready to retire and move to Tennessee in December. I'll be living close to Dale Hollow Lake and I have heard that there is some good crappie fishing there. Today I went and purchased a 9' crappie rod and put a small Quantum Optix spinner on it. I also picked up some road runner jigs and other types of jigs to try. I hope I'm starting out on the right foot and if you can give me any advice it would be very appreciated. I have always fished crappie with live minnows and thats about it. I can't wait to get into this crappie fishing. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  welcome.gif
Views: 137
Size:  8.7 KB From Toledo Bend Texas!
    I am sure you will find out most any thing you need to know here and if you have a question just ask and someone will help.

If I can ever help with and custom Hand Tied Crappie Jigs or Road Runners, just check out my web site and I would be glad to help.

Enjoy your stay here!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Another Texas Welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    Name:  welcome.gif
Views: 137
Size:  8.7 KB From Toledo Bend Texas!
    I am sure you will find out most any thing you need to know here and if you have a question just ask and someone will help.

If I can ever help with and custom Hand Tied Crappie Jigs or Road Runners, just check out my web site and I would be glad to help.

Enjoy your stay here!

Skip

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best things you can do is hire a guide at first. You need to learn where some structure and brushpiles are. A Topo map will help alot. You will want to locate this structure in 8-20 ft. of water depending on water temp. You will probably hit the spawn first. For this, fish any little laydown in a cove or creek about a foot deep under a slip bobber along the bank.
    Good luck and welcome to the forum.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board from S.C.
    I know you will find this site informative on crappie fishing.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Welcome, Just1more ....

Quote Originally Posted by just1more View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a real rookie when it comes to crappie fishing, but wanted to join your forum to learn as much as I can. I have fished for crappie in the past and caught a few. Its not a sport that I put a lot of time in, but when I did fish for them I really loved it. I live in S.Florida but I'm getting ready to retire and move to Tennessee in December. I'll be living close to Dale Hollow Lake and I have heard that there is some good crappie fishing there. Today I went and purchased a 9' crappie rod and put a small Quantum Optix spinner on it. I also picked up some road runner jigs and other types of jigs to try. I hope I'm starting out on the right foot and if you can give me any advice it would be very appreciated. I have always fished crappie with live minnows and thats about it. I can't wait to get into this crappie fishing. Thank you
    I've got a couple of suggestions for ya ....

First, contact this fellow : http://www.crappie.com/crappie/membe...is-bowers.html (PM/email/Tenn State Board)

Second, spend some time reading thru his posts, and keep an eye on the Tenn State Board, for upcoming/updated info on Dale.

But, don't be a stranger to the Main Message Board, either ... you'll find all the advice/opinions on tackle/techniques that you'd ever want to know :p

Explore throughout this site, check the "Articles" section, and generally just make yourself at home and absorb all the knowledge you can, from some of the Crappiest minds around this nation :D

I've never fished Dale Hollow Lake, or I'd be more than happy to pass on any information that'd be of interest to you. I do fish Watts Bar, which is SE of Dale Hollow ... so, if you ever decide to venture off in that direction, hollar at me

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Batesville, AR.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from the BLUEGRASS STATE
    There is a magazine called Crappie World that is full of good info. and as C.P. said, this site has some good info as well as very knowledgeable people who can answer any questions you might have. Try, www.crappworldonline.com to get started.
    You can't finish what you don't start

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking I don't know, Downwind ... (& Just1more)

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind View Post
    Welcome from the BLUEGRASS STATE
    There is a magazine called Crappie World that is full of good info. and as C.P. said, this site has some good info as well as very knowledgeable people who can answer any questions you might have. Try, www.crappworldonline.com to get started.
    ... that link goes nowhere :p (not sure I'd want to see anything CRAPPworld had to offer, anyhow ... LOL !!! )

What my friend Downwind meant to say, is to look at Bassin' & Crappie World Magazines

I, on the other hand, would suggest taking a look at this magazine .... Game & Fish Magazine Online ..... seeing as how you like to fish AND hunt. You can click on your state, then see what it has to offer.

Don't want to subscribe to either magazine ... no worries ... you can still view some of the previous articles, right online.

On the Game&Fish site, under Tenn, there just happens to be an article on Dale Hollow : 3 Crappie Hotspots in Tennessee

On the CrappieWorld site, under Features, there's more generic types of articles ... usually from Pros or guides ... like : Crappie World Magazine | Coves & Creeks

... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast