Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

View Poll Results: Double rigs, which jigs/baits in upper and lower positions?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both jigs/baits the same top and bottom

13 9.70%
  • Different jigs/baits, top and bottom

121 90.30%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Double jig/bait rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Double jig/bait rigs

Just a question to see how folks are rigging their Ky rigs and Capps and Coleman rigs.

On these two-jig (or hook) rigs, do you:

1. Rig both upper and lower with the same jig/bait and use it to see where the fish are by varying the depth (distance between the jigs)?

or...

2. Rig a different jig/bait on the upper and lower positions to see which lure/bait the fish want?

I have been rigging with the same jig/bait upper and lower but I think I am going to change my rigs up.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

I won't vote because I haven't had much success with it. Their's nothing worse than having to tie two more on when you break the main line. I do love the poll, because I would like to be more succesful at it. Maybe someone is feeling gracious and explain why they do what they do.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the C&C rig only. I will use different set ups on all poles. No I don't keep the same set ups on top and bottom. I use a variety of baits so that with 5 poles out I'll have 10 different baits for them to choose from. If I see a pattern I will change half of the rods to this bait. That way when they change their behavior, I will not have to change all baits. Been finding a lot of fish liking road runner head with minnow through lips on bottom of line only. I also only use them on the outside rod holders because they get the most movement in a turn.
    Likes Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the book about Capps and Coleman and read every article I can find on them. Do they still use the double rig all the time or do they use a single jig a lot. I use their favorite color and it's awesome on this stained lake! Midsouth Super Jigs 1105GL

Last edited by slabbandit; 09-04-2008 at 08:23 PM.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I put a jig on top on one and on the bottom on the other rod.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I may start off with a 1/32 on the top and a 1/16th on the bottom fishing under a slip float. The top may be hair and the bottom a tube. The top may be pink and chartreuse and the bottom may be black and chartreuse. The point is what you fish and how you fish it depends on the weather conditions, daylight conditions, wave conditions and the mood of the crappie. Whatever you fish, you should be fishing it slower than you are and the crappies will tell you what they prefer for those conditions.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

If I use a double set up they are different and usually different color as well as size.

I use this in the spring most when the wind is up a little and don't want to long line troll. Then I put a 1/8 or 1/4 on the bottom and either a 1/32 or 1/16 on top.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Different colored jigs and weights under a slip bobber.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

I use different colors on all hooks until I see some pattern. I tend to put tubes on the upper and something with more action on the lower. I catch more fish on the lower but there are times they go after either or both. I love doubles. I usually use a 1/32 with a 1/24 or two 1/32. I put out 6 rods.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone mentioned having to retie 2 hooks everytime they hung up. What I do is have my C&C rigs pre tied and wrapped around a piece of swimming pool noodle. I put a snap swivel on the end of my main line. That way when I hang up and break off I can put on a new rig in a matter of seconds and be back fishing. I also use 10 lb. line for my main line and 6 lb. line for my rigs. That way I will break off part of the rig and not my main line. Hope this helps.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast