Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question

I have a small lake near here that is only 12ft deep and has a lot of weeds in it and maybe 80 acres. water temp 72 to 78 degrees from top to bottom, some cover along the shore, but a lot of weeds, some weeds are to the surface to about a couple of feet below the surface, some holes in the weeds, semi clear, where would you start to fish for the crappie and with what kind of jigs would you start with. it does have crappie, a lot of people have caught them, but there so tight lipped I might be able to get the the time of day from them. I would also like to fish it at night and what would I have to get for that trip in lights and jigs?. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

camo

The reason for the lights is to attract baitfish. If you can setup on the outside of the weed line, set your light(s) out and be patient. At night I use minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of my local holes are 12' max depth with lots of weeds, and I catch lots of crappie (when I actually have time to fish).

During the summer on my small lakes, I usually find the fish suspended in about 6-7 feet of water, about 3-4 feet down from the surface.

Chartreuse is your best bet initially, but if it doesn't see any action, you're gonna need to start trying different colors. Crappie can be very finicky, while also being fickle about what color they want.