Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Smithville

Just woundering if any one has been on Smithville lake since all the rain we got last week???. Planning on going first part of next week. The Platte river is bank full. Jim C.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C.
    Just woundering if any one has been on Smithville lake since all the rain we got last week???. Planning on going first part of next week. The Platte river is bank full. Jim C.
    Jim,
    Have not fished Smithville since Tuesday. Went to Perry today. I fished from noon until dark. Other than a great day to be on the lake the fishing stunk
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Wondering same thing... Should have my boat back by mid-week. Lake a few inches OVER normal pool... first time this spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info may just have to try it anyway.It is Suppose nice mon.& tue. but rain is back for wed. I better try for first part of week.Jim C.

Post Thanks / Like

A useful link http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/cgi-bi...ame=smithville

The Corps of Engineers site for Smithville. Click "Daily Information" for lake level, discharge rate, water temp (at dam), etc...

You can also run a search for "Smithville Lake" and get the site.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out a few times,but fishing for cats.Very muddy up by the little platte.

Post Thanks / Like

Stopped by Burton's Bait and Tackle... They said the fish were still on the banks. Wandered up to the Hwy. "W" ramp... Two fishermen were filleting crappie on the tailgate of a pickup. From what I could see, at least half the fish were carrying eggs.
    They said the fish were still shallow but the bite was slower than before the rain.

Hope to get my boat back in the next day or two.

Post Thanks / Like

JimC , fish are still on banks but have become slower on the bite than before all the rain. Been catching fish in about 6 feet of water near stickups. Not catching the larger fish like i was (11-13") but I get one every now and again. Lots of 7-9 " fish in the lake which is going to make for some great Crappie fishing in the years to come!!!!

Shaun
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the info hope to get out in the next couple days.I would like to get into them again before the spawn is over. Jim C.

The Slayer Guest

Default Smithville after the rain

I caught 6 keepers Sunday after the rain. 30 or so all together but the were all small except 6. They are pretty shallow and bite on chartruse jigs really slow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast