Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anchor Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anchor Question

What is the best way to anchor in a tree that's 10-15 underwater....and still get my anchor back?
    Thanks for any good ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Anchor upwind and let out enough rope to reach the tree.

My best anchoring tip I learned when I was a kid. Instead of tying your anchor rope to the eye on a mushroom anchor, tie it on one of the holes in the base. Then tie the rope to the eye with a couple of wraps of mono fishing line. If the anchor hangs, a hard pull at an angle will break the mono allowing the anchor to flip over. Most of the time it will come loose when it flips.

Post Thanks / Like

Good tip on the mono for sure. Also, once you drift back and get over the brush, I have used an old window weight to drop off the back of the boat to keep it from swinging. Long, thin and would go through the brush and into the bottom a bit. Easy to pull back out.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

TacoBender is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

My best tip on anchoring is to learn how to use your trolling motor. Not saying you're going to do it, but some of my best BP's and condos have been messed up from people getting their anchors snaged in them. It takes time to learn how to do this but with practice you can work your boat even in heavy winds.
    GoodLuck
    TacoBender
    On The Spot Guide Service
    "Catchin Crappie Year Round"
    www.onthespotwithscott.com