Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Bloomington Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Bloomington Trip

Had a rough fishin' trip at Lake Bloomington in Illinois. Started off by knocking my cell phone off my hip into the water and then proceeded to break a pole trying to snap a jig out of a brush pile.

We did manage over 50 crappie, but they were 5" - 10" long. Never did stick a good one. Made up for the trip by fishing a 2 acre pond with some really big Green Carp in it. Had three over four pounds.

I would post pictures but it seems I misplaced my cell phone.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Greg, You might look in the deep six for your cell. We've all had tough days like that, Glad that the Green Carp made things better. I assume that your boat is running good now. Later, Ship

Post Thanks / Like

Default man

were you able to snag your cell phone from the water?

if so take the phone completely apart, as much as you can. pour uncooked rice into a container with a lid. set cell phone parts in the middle of the rice and put a lid on. Let set for a day and put back together.

9 times out of 10 it will work

rice sucks out ALL the moisture

Post Thanks / Like

fifty small crappie and some big bass sounds like some fun to me. losing the phone in the lake is normal procedure.

Post Thanks / Like

well my friend 50 shorts 4longs.a cell phone free day or two ahh nice now back to the grind huh?

Post Thanks / Like

beagle,
    Don't forget no brake downs.
    Kit,
    Sounds like a good day to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Papermouth View Post
    Had a rough fishin' trip at Lake Bloomington in Illinois. Started off by knocking my cell phone off my hip into the water and then proceeded to break a pole trying to snap a jig out of a brush pile.

We did manage over 50 crappie, but they were 5" - 10" long. Never did stick a good one. Made up for the trip by fishing a 2 acre pond with some really big Green Carp in it. Had three over four pounds.

I would post pictures but it seems I misplaced my cell phone.

G.
    Good work on doing your part in adding structure to the lake! :D
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for the rice tip. May need that in the future.
    I thought for a second you were going to add beef and green onions.

The cell is still there on the bottom. Got most of my contacts loaded into the new phone.
    Interesting thing is my contract was almost up and i reupped for two more years and saved $50.00 on my next bill, plus I got two new phones for $0.02. Actually worked in my favorite. Only thing lost is my pride and the images of the boys that I should have off loaded and saved.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

You can also take the phone apart (open it up) and throw it in the fridge overnight. That'll dry it right out, just like it does cheese, meat, and anything else you leave open.

KIT Don't feel to bad buddy. Two winters ago (I think) I was at Truman with Hog and Ed, and Hog was getting all fancy and trying to stand up and talk on his cell phone, and dropped it. He tried so hard to get it that all I heard was a big splash, like when you throw a giant rock in the water. You'd of thought he was on fire, because he was moving like greased lightning coming out of the water. I swear he didn't even touch the boat getting out, it was like he was shot out of a cannon.

Ahhh, the memories . Sorry Hog, had to do it. Ed, you remember this right?

Quote Originally Posted by PineappleSlap View Post
    were you able to snag your cell phone from the water?

if so take the phone completely apart, as much as you can. pour uncooked rice into a container with a lid. set cell phone parts in the middle of the rice and put a lid on. Let set for a day and put back together.

9 times out of 10 it will work

rice sucks out ALL the moisture

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    You can also take the phone apart (open it up) and throw it in the fridge overnight. That'll dry it right out, just like it does cheese, meat, and anything else you leave open.

KIT Don't feel to bad buddy. Two winters ago (I think) I was at Truman with Hog and Ed, and Hog was getting all fancy and trying to stand up and talk on his cell phone, and dropped it. He tried so hard to get it that all I heard was a big splash, like when you throw a giant rock in the water. You'd of thought he was on fire, because he was moving like greased lightning coming out of the water. I swear he didn't even touch the boat getting out, it was like he was shot out of a cannon.

Ahhh, the memories . Sorry Hog, had to do it. Ed, you remember this right?
    Please tell me there's video of this! I can relate, I have a phone or two under our docks on LOZ. Come to think of it, if you had video, it probably ended up in the lake, too.:D
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast