Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fiberglass Boat Care Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fiberglass Boat Care Question

Is there any real danger to leaving your fiberglass boat outside, with Factory Cover? I may be in a position to buy a new boat, but don't have the garage at this time that's large enough to accept the boat.

There's a boat a couple blocks from my house that is a champion with a 250 pro xs, and he leaves it out all winter, so I figure either he's crazy or it's not that big of a deal.

I hope to get the real scoop from the guys on here that may now the facts.

Thanks in advance. I live in the Midwest if that helps anything.

Post Thanks / Like

mine sits out with a cover on it and its a 1978 and it is still in pretty good condition. Buy a good cover for it and you wont have to worry to much about it.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

mduncan62 Is there any real danger to leaving your fiberglass boat outside, with Factory Cover?
    so I figure either he's crazy or it's not that big of a deal.
    crazy or not? your choice
    Could U tell us where is midwest- Northern Wisconsin or southern Ohio?
    Not crazy if properly winterize boat, motor, livewells etc with antifreeze, remove batteries or float charge, etc.
    Cover- make sure it is properly supported to hold 6 to 12 inches wet snow plus ? I personally would place another waterproof lite weight bigger tarp over covered boat, one that comes down sides, this not only protects from 60mph winds but protects your High dollar factory cover from Sun. Yep sun UV is bad news on boat covers. Do not store any thing in boat as one razor blade will open your cover in 3 seconds. Then usual jazz like blocking tires, maybe cover them, board undertires, new grease in bearing before winter freeze up, lock tongue, electric grease on lite plug, etc...Good to store.....
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like the house is sold, so I'll have the garage for the new boat. But still good info if I ever need to keep it outside.