Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Itch

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Itch

During summer I get the wanderlust for the spots where the knuckleheads can't find me in the woods, but as soon as september rolls around I start to get that lake itch again. To get out on the lake and and have a few 2-300 fish days and see if the size improvements we saw this spring in the lake are continuing. I haven't caught a crappie all summer and my fingertips are too smooth and just don't smell right. I think I can smell Watts Bar all the way up here in NY. sniff sniff. Of course if the size here in Chautauqua really has improved and there are some 3's swimmin around, I just might forget other lakes exist in the world again. We shall see. :D
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing the last time Wayne and I went was back in May, just been too hot. This is the first time the lake has been at the correct pool since Katrina I think. Looking forward to some cool weather and the lake lice gone. Need a taste of fresh crappie.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been 'Gill fishin for about three weeks. I also am ready for the crappie bite again.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Grizz, Would you like a fishing buddy to teach how to find & fish for crappie? I'm new at crappie fishing and looking to hook up with some one to learn. If you have a spot open in your boat I would love to go one day. If you do or don't thats OK but would you give me some tips and some place to fish on Chautauqua, I don't want your secret spots but just some place to go & maybe catch a few. If this sounds good, I would like to hear from you. Thanks, Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    I've been 'Gill fishin for about three weeks. I also am ready for the crappie bite again.
    We've caught a few Crappie this summer.It's been a strange summer,we usually catch quite a few in the ponds we fish.I caught 1 keeper Crappie last nite along with a bunch of gills and 1 cat.I had the ponds to myself last nite,hope to get out tomorrow & monday.
    HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, can't wait for the bite of the "Fall Frenzy." Right now the area lakes are up about 5-10 feet, thanks to Gustov, but should be back to normal in 8 0r 10 days.

The nights are coolin' down here right now and that is a source of encouragement. I like the woods and I like the water. I tryto fish on the weeks of the full and new moon and hunt in between during the Fall and Winter. So little time and so much to do!

aj

Post Thanks / Like

I too am getting the itch to go fall fishing. Have not been able to fish as much as I would have liked this summer, but like the fall so much better anyway.

I have a spot that I have not been to since 1979 (can you believe that?). Anyway hope it still has the grass because I know it has the right water. When I was guiding and someone wanted to catch some crappie I could load them up there. Me and the wife use to run over there a good bit and the average catch was about 60-70 crappie per hour all on 1/32 Raod Runners in FL Red/Green/Fl Yellow marabou lonmg line trolling.

Oh yeah the Road Runner in my Sig is not the one, but should also work I would think.

I feel the need to check it out again. Have not been thee because I move away in 1980, but since coming back here in the early 90's I just have no run that far mostly because I didn't need to.

Still what a spot is was and hope it still is

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!