Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain

Anybody been lately? How is the fishing there? Thanks Jeff:D

Post Thanks / Like

was up there this weekend fishing kinda slow but fish are large

Post Thanks / Like

Was there saturday. Fishing was rally slow in the morning. Caught 1 all morning. Couldn't give a minner away. But in the afternoon you couldn't keep them off. Got our limit. Also a couple of bonus eating size catfish. Fishing was best in 15-20 ft. of water right next to a tree. Had our best luck fishing about 6 ft. down. My husband and I both caught 1 while our line was draped over the bark on a tree and we were flipping our line trying to get it undone. You sure can see by the dead limbs at the top of the bluffs how deep the water was.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Lord was the water ever high! I am coming over at the end of September hope the fishing turns on good! Thanks :D

Post Thanks / Like

What did the big drawdown on the lake do to the reregulation dam? I wondered how they could run the floodgates without the water going over the top of the rereg dam, and figured it might undermine some of the concrete down there.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished there this weekend me and a friend kept 16 nice fish caught lots of dinks.Saturday evening was the best like the other guy said.Between 5 and 8 we cauught a bunch.Had to go through a lot of small ones to get a keeper though.I caught all of mine on black/chrt slabbusters and blue and white curly tale grubs 8-10 feet down in 15-25 feet of water.sometimes next to trees others in open spots betweeen trees.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a year. I'm headed up Sunday, but it just came up 4 feet overnight yet again.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Going Up

Make that Five Feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Uh . . . how about 7 feet!!! I didn't get up for other reasons, but not sure I'd have wanted to anyway. I'll be up there next Saturday for sure . . . should be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Default went sunday

terribly slow caught 3 on a perfect day. and fished along time in all depths. the schools of gizzard shad were everywhere. so i figure they are just full. anybody know how to catch these full crappie feeding on these gizzard shad that are abundant. i thought about trying evening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast