Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Its That Time Of Year

Post Thanks / Like

Default Its That Time Of Year

Took my wife and children 'gill fishing for almost six hours today. Right off the bat we found a nice calm quiet cove to fish around in and relax. Caught several pretty quick on crickets, then here they come. Three Sea-Doos wide f&*%ing open and about rocked us out of the boat. Then they have to do the turn around in circles and all that other crap right in front of the boat. They just kept carrying on for a good six or seven minutes then left. The fish quit biting, so we decided to move on down the lake to another spot. When I rounded the third turn, what did I happen to see? The three Sea- Doos sitting in the middle of the lake talking. Well, the people were talking, not the Sea- Doos, LOL. Hmmm, what next you ask? Came within about twenty feet of them running 65. Childish on my part? Yep Unsafe on my part, Yep. Put a grin on my face from ear to ear? Yep . Noticed that they tried to catch up to me , then I stomped it. Bye Bye Lake Lice

Post Thanks / Like

We're gonna have to change your handle from Fatboy to Badboy.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

And that's why we love the small lakes we fish here in Ohio. The lake lice can have the bigger lakes with unlimited horsepower. We prefer listening to the birds to listening to that annoying whine of a opened throttle. What they prove to me is gas prices aren't high enough or they couldn't afford to tear holes in the water. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I went bass fishing today. For this time of year I would say it was one of the most peaceful days I've had other than a pontoon boat blasting some classical music. But if I'd had the chance I would've done a fly-by on some of them jacka..es. I hate them. I also have been thinking about what could be done to put an end to some of their shenanigans and skiers too. On Percy Priest last Sunday I watched a guy in a pontoon pull his kids on a tube across a 2'-3' flat in the back of a creek, several times. Then they drove up the creek out of the channel and stopped cause it wasn't wide enough to turn around. All this time if the kids had fallen off they could have been seriously hurt cause they were in waist deep water. I wish we could petition the TWRA to make it unlawful to ski or jetski other than in the main river channel above Fate Sanders Bridge before someone gets killed. That would be righteous. Does anyone think something like this could work?
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Congrats

U da Man Don't let me discourage you from terrorizing these water warts.....lol I have thought about doing the same thing, cept I can't outrun 'em but I could run over 'em. Just a old man's thoughts gone astray here. I wouldn't, but I sure have thought about it....
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

All Hail Fatboy !!!!!! ROFLMAO
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand the thrill of riding fast on lakes in various watercrafts but you know that have to realize they tick fishermen off or that they just don't care.

Last year I was running as fast as my little ole 25 would push me and it was a fairly windy day, I almost run over a skier that was down in the water. The waves was hiding him pretty good, lucky for me I saw him and had about 10 seconds to make my decision to turn one way or the other.

Post Thanks / Like

I was surf fishing last year at Carolina Beach, NC. The dang jetskiers kept flying by evrybody's lines. After about 30 minutes one guy actually ran into a fishermans line. He pulled up onto the beach and was bleeding from some where, couldn't tell. Needless to say, the fisherman let em have it LOL
    What's worse, to be in church wishing you were fishin' or to be fishin' and know you should be in church?

Post Thanks / Like

Fat boy I sure wish I could have been there to put the squeeze on them like a header and steer wrestler team. Lake lice are like zebra mussles they are here to stay. Fisherman hate them but but every other member of the mairine industry loves them. I just wish there were more lakes like Hugo Lake in Oklahoma that has areas they can run in and areas they cant. Couldnt find the link to the lake but it is a fishermans dream as well as a wonderful place for lake lice. There has to be something done though or somebody is utimately going to get hurt either by a boating accident or somebody going redneck.

Post Thanks / Like

Had the same thing Sat. with water skiers-found a hotspot in 16 ft of water.Lol-here they came,rap music bustin my eardrums!!They purposly waked me for about 15 minutes!!After some unpleasant invitations to the shore from me i gave up an headed in.Thank god i didnt have a gun---might be in jail this morning instead of here!! Good Fishin To Ya!!! Dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com