Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ef 8/31

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Ef 8/31

We had a pretty decent day for numbers but never came up with much size.

We fished both minnows and jigs. Minnows did okay. Tube jigs weren't doing anything. Twister tails were the bait of choice. At times, it was a fish every cast.

It was a good day on the water, not too much boat traffic.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that was you....I was fishing the tournament and passed a Tracker like yours sitting in the Bantam wake zone. Looked like they were fishing that land slide area. I mentioned to my partner I though it was you. Must have been, huh? I should have stopped and said hello. I wasn't sure it was you and we were a little frustrated trying to find some good fish. We only managed a couple decent sized fish out of the seven. We caught a ton, but most were small.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default You Can't Hide!!

Hey Crappiemax, Speckwick PM'd me this satellite image and said to follow the tracker boat.. Now I know what he was talking about... :D

Good job on the the catch guys!! I had to work all weekend with no hope to go in the near future.. Gotta save for my fall fishing trip down South..

Post Thanks / Like

Good news is the big ones are starting to show up a little bit. There were three bags over 5 pounds. Winner was almost 6 pounds. Wish a few of them were in my well, but I stuck with minnows way too long. Vertical jigging was the way to go and I went to it too late.
    Hey JusFshn, that's my Tracker in that pic. It's about 7:05 am at launch yesterday morning. Notice the boat by itself in front of the island. I launched 9th and all the other boats have already blown by me and are nowhere to be seen.LOL. I really need to get me a boat with a bigger motor. r a rope and grapling hook to latch onto someone else to get across the lake.
    That's a pretty good shot of the north shore and the island though. You can even see alot of the contours.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that was me. We started there but I spent way too much time there. We caught a few dinks and lost a ton of jigs.
    We moved around never really doing too much until maybe noon. I don't know if the fish started turning on or we just got into better water. Most of our fish came after noon. We did catch fish in the morning, it was just sporatic. I wonder what time of day the winners did there best?
    We started with slip floats and minnies, then I went to the long pole with jigs, then the long pole with minnies, tried casting tubes and finally my partner started catching fish pretty consistant on curly tails. That worked until we quit around 4:00.
    You should have stopped, that early in the day I could have gave you some pointers on what NOT to do....

JusFshn-if anyone follows me, they've got to be pretty desperate for a fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you got into 'em a little anyway. Morning was slow for us too, but I think it had more to do with a flawed approach than anything else. You live and learn I guess.....
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    JusFshn-if anyone follows me, they've got to be pretty desperate for a fish.