Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New boat woes............crap

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New boat woes............crap

Got some goodies mounted (Crappiestalker did the work) this afternoon on my boat, but I encountered a manufacturer screw up. Three front pedestal plate nuts missing on the deck inside. You can just lift the screws right out of the hole. Will have to remove the top deck for access. There is no access panel to the front pedestal plates.

Second, the trash screen on the engine lower unit is missing. Out of box failure from Yamaha. If this hand not been caught by Crappiestalker, the engine could have sucked up some bad dodo.

Third, the boat is full of aluminum shavings. The crap is everywhere. If I had run the bilge pump, shavings would have ate the pump up. Seems to me they could have cleaned the crap up at the factory. This is factory crap, not dealer crap. This is just lack of pride and laziness in workmanship. Makes my butt wanna dip snuff.

You all know I will bu up somebody's butt come Tuesday.

Pic of transducer mount. SI and flasher ducers. Wiring not complete.

Pete, I see what you mean about the angle of the traducers now.

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, I think the shavings thing would be a given for most boat manufactuers. In the Aircraft game, it's unacceptable as one little shaving could create major problem in time. The old Aluminum boat that I bought and am very slowly revamping, had several bits of shavings, rivets, rivet heads, etc. I'm sure they have training to eliminate the problems, but, they obviously have no inspectors, or don't care about such things since they figure no one will ever see them. Give them an earfull and make sure you let them know how many people will be influenced here within C.C about how you are treated. Good words about a product spread slowly. Bad words spread like wildfire. Let us know what happens.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

When I was breaking in my Yama 250 the motors fuse holder melted from someone putting in 100amp fuses where 60s were suppose to be. (had to use the trolling motor to get back to the ramp) I dropped my oil cap and had to remove the oil tank and plate that holds it and it was full of new tie raps and shavings etc. Glad those did not get in one of my pumps. I guess it's like buying a new car. But heck for 43K you would think they could do better.
    Bill

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I,ll look for the smoke comin out of the hills tuesday---
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Was looking at the angle at which they are mounted. It won't really matter for the depth/flasher, but your SI could throw you off 10'+/- at 20' out from the boat. Easy fix though.
    As far as shavings and stuff, every new boat is just about the same condition when it leaves the factory. I have found that the dealer prep crew, the guys that install all your add on goodies, should clean up things and get rid of the shavings and stuff. After all, I think there is a charge called dealer prep or something along that line. They are charging you to have a clean, ready to go to the lake boat when you take it off the lot.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks are deceiving. The ducers are mounted parallel with/to respect of the waterline.Both have a 2 degree nose up attitude and both are about a 1/2 inch below the waterline with respect to the hull bottom. This is a good starting point. I can tweak when and if I ever get it in the water.

Point taken about dealer prep. I will let the all know about it. Trust me.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Give em cane!

Post Thanks / Like

Work ethic and pride seem to have gone in everything. A few of us old dogs still believe in doing it right the first time. One would think the Dealer rigging people would notice these things even if the manufacturer didn't. Like Centerdriver said, you paid Dealer Prep Charge I am sure. Give them an ear full.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toothpick View Post
    Work ethic and pride seem to have gone in everything. A few of us old dogs still believe in doing it right the first time. One would think the Dealer rigging people would notice these things even if the manufacturer didn't. Like Centerdriver said, you paid Dealer Prep Charge I am sure. Give them an ear full.
    The dealer "rigging people" couldn't care less if there were an actual dead body stuffed under there as long as it did not directly keep them from attaching the price sticker... which is about all the "dealer prep" they do nowadays.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Cane Pole, did not realize the transom has an angle on it. Your right about setting it at the proper angle specially for the SI.
    I had my dealer deliver my boat since it was just over 90 miles and he kept saying it was ready (3 times) and I went down to get it. The first time, trailer was not in for it yet, wrong troll motor mounted on the second trip, next was bimini was installed backward. He offered to deliver it and I took him up on it. By the time it got to me, it was 11 pm and I just signed for it. Next day, I went out to look at my brand new CC and the stickers were still on the engine cowl, tape on the sides of the boat in several places from the plastic it was in from the factory, Had dirt and mud in the drain chanels around the seat storage areas and so on. I hooked back up to it and took it all the way back. I unhooked in front of the office (right where all the new customers had to walk by) and told him this was completely unacceptable. He told me to give him 2 hours, go to lunch (on him) and take our time. When we came back, it looked showroom condition. Spic and span.
    Later when we put it in the lake, 2 days later, I noticed it had a full tank of fuel. I expected 5 gal, but the 46 gal tank was full.
    Guess if you complain to the right person (owner) you finally get what you want and then some.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast