Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish Bites flop

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Bites flop

I've tried the fish bite strips and bloodworms and they don't work for me
    I have this one gentleman on Hatteras catch spots on them one after the other on them while they were hittin my shrimp every so often. In order for them to work, does a school of many aggressive fish like spots and whiting have to be around? I know Gulp works. Cocaine to a fish :p
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Post Thanks / Like

Fishbites do work with spots.....But I'm like you I think the feeding frenzy is what gets them to hit....A spot will usually hit most anything when they are running..........I've seen people use the other fishbites that come in different colors and scents and catch them too......Fishbites have a sandworm that is pink and chartreuse which I think they call the electric chicken......Thought I would give those a try this fall and see what happens..........

Cheat trick :::: Use a regular piece of nightcrawler and a small piece of fishbite together and your worm will catch alot of spot before having to put on more worm......The netting in the fishbites keep the worm from being snatch off the hook.......

Also the color choices you make depending on water clarity at the time they come in should help too........chartruese is a killer on any kindof fish.. Keep your bait moving and off the botom if possible.....

Pompano will also hit fishbites but thats another story.........
    Last edited by Litebite; 09-01-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

They work pretty well. Sometimes they're just not there or they want something else. If you're fishing next to someone that's catching them, they might have read the surf and be fishing where the fish are and you're just fishing blind.

Some days they'll hit bloodworm fish bites 4 to 1 over real bloodworms, and some days it's the other way around.