Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Berkley Gulp Alive

Post Thanks / Like

Default Berkley Gulp Alive

Has anyone used the Berkley Gulp Alive Grubs? I see a lot of advertising for them and also saw In-Fisherman Doug Stangey fish with them and caught a bunch of Crappie. They are a bit pricey, but would be worth it if they work.

Post Thanks / Like

I still think the Alive version of the minnows are too expensive for what you get. At first I was a little irate over the ridiculous prices they charged for those buckets, so here is what I found out. All the alive version of their bait are is Gulp in buckets. The baits are exactly the same as the baits in the bags. Since then I have purchased several bags of the Berkley Gulp Minnows in the newest 2.5 inch emerald shiner pattern in bags, and it has become my goto bait for nearly every fish I catch for this year. I have caught every type of panfish and bass, walleye, trout, some pretty nice catfish up to 30 inches, even a carp or 2. Its an awesome bait, but I still wont buy the buckets. You get more baits per dollar in the bags and they are much more convenient to carry and use. I still take off baits when I'm finished fishing and return them to the bags and they are fine to use again, so the buckets are pretty much unnecessary.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Grizz I was looking at the buckets. I think I will keep getting bags.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Grizz. Kinda what I thought, buckets are not worth the difference. It always helps to get input from someone who has actually used them, not someone who gets paid by Berkley and gets them free.