Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Mattoon Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Lake Mattoon Crappie

I hope all of you guys got a chance at the Lake Mattoon crappie bite last week. It was great!. I caught basketloads of 9-13" crappie, mostly over 10" crappie. It got so good, I could only fish 1 pole at a time and just about as soon as it hit the water, another big crappie was on. There is no limit on the lake, so I caught somewhere between 30-40 pounds of crappie a day.
    The bite was over by Friday. You can catch a few dinks now in shallow water but the big boys moved out. I haven't even fished since the front came though but I see a number of guys fishing around my house and all they are catching is dinks. I will try to post some pictures later on today. The biggest crappie I caught was 13" but I have heard reports of 14" crappie being caught and I had a huge crappie that snagged me and got off. It sure was fun while it lasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Two of us fished Lake Mattoon today. We kept a dozen fish running from 9 inches to 10.5 inches. Wind was not good, had to fish where we could, not where we wanted to fish. We caught all our fish over brush in 8 to 12 feet of water.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

I sat on my porch and watched guy after guy fishing for crappie and didn't see anyone catch anything but dinks.

Post Thanks / Like

Redtick!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I don't post much anymore. So for this special occasion I will say. Welcome back RedTick. " aka unknown 5" Wait a second just noticed the date. Red must have been unknown 5 before he became Redtick.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

could it be so?!

Post Thanks / Like

Alright redtick, I mean unknown 5, glad to see you back!

Post Thanks / Like

Me too.

Post Thanks / Like

I think old red has been gone for awhile. I'm sure he's still crabby!! Anyway, I saw this old post in the archives and responded to it. All of redticks old posts are there, but his screen name is gone so the sight just uses unknown 5. I do kinda miss all the old arguments ( discussions ) though. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

I must be different because I don't miss those conversations one bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast