Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fished All Day on Dardenelle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fished All Day on Dardenelle

Dang Bassmasters tourney was on it. There were people everywhere. I caught one fish all day. One fish...but it was a crappie, and a good one.

What should I do to catch crappie this time of the year. Deep/shallow? Jig/Troll? Chartreuse/Red?

I don't know anything. I caught this one off of a red/white tube on a jig while I was reeling it back into the boat. A good fish.

πνεύμα γέμισα

Post Thanks / Like

Froman, If You Fish Around Dardanelle , Go Give Piney Bay A Try, It Is Easier For Me To Catch Fish There Than On The Main Lake. I Do Good Trolling Jigs At Different Depths, Put Three Or Poles Out At 6,7,9,10 Ect Ft Deep, And Troll Up And Down Piney Bay. I Generally Have Good Luck Doing That.good Luck!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you go out sometime and don't wanna be lonely give me a call. I'm still pretty new to crappie fishing but love it and love to learn.

Problem is, I have to mooch. I don't have a boat.

Went out with a "cousing-in-law" yesterday. I keep telling him trolling is the way to do it, but he won't listen.

So...

What depth are the fish at right now? What colors should I use?
    πνεύμα γέμισα

Post Thanks / Like

froman, most fish at dardanelle are caught trolling in about 6-7 ft deep . but that is just what i have my luck doing. the main thing is finding fish then catching them is easy, my favorite color in a black and chartruse tube jig or curlytail, but in reality if you get the jig in front of a crappie this time of year they will bite.