Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally!!!!!!!........Rockafeller!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally!!!!!!!........Rockafeller!

Well I got through my classes in New Iberia early yesterday (8-28-08) and got home early enough to make an afternoon trip to Rockafeller yesterday and boy am I glad I did! Got down there about 4 and had a limit of shrimp (25lbs) and about 7-8 dozen crabs by 6. Another guy said he had his limit of shrimp, limit of crabs (12 dozen) and limit of red fish (5) and was heading back. Another couple caught their limit of reds and then another guy came up and caught his 5 reds. I didn't even brake out the rods, I have enough reds in my freezer and didn't feel like messing with them. I mainly went for the shrimp but after watching a guy pick up about 4 or 5 crabs every time he lifted a string, I decided to throw out my 2 drop nets and caught all the crabs very easily! It was a good day! Here are some pictures.

The shrimp

The crabs

And of course we had to sample them! lol

Had my cousin come over and help me with the sampling.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ding dang thats some fine eatn' right there!! I gotta get off my dead arse and drive down to the Chesapeake.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Thats A Mighty Fine Mess Of Meat. Nice Going Shadow. The Pics Made My Stomach Growl. Great Trip Indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch Shadow! i love to catch shrimp!..i cant wait to move back home in 12 months...prob moving to lacassine or iowa...
    I support catch and eat! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Those sure look good! I never did make it back down this summer, and now that scouts are "back in session" I'm not sure when I can. How late in the year can you catch shrimp/crabs/reds at Rockefeller?

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaFishNut View Post
    Those sure look good! I never did make it back down this summer, and now that scouts are "back in session" I'm not sure when I can. How late in the year can you catch shrimp/crabs/reds at Rockefeller?

Scott
    Hey Scott, you can usually catch the shrimp into the middle of october and the crabs you can usually catch all year long except when it is real cold but you can catch the reds and specks then!:D
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job Dwayne, I haven't fished in so long I think I have forgotten how to hold my mouth. It looks like it will be a while longer now because I've got to fix up the house. Ain't nature great, it can feed you one day and destroy you the next. But not to worry, as that great cajun saying goes, "mais, I gonna be back".
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!