Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keystone Crappie Association (KCA)

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Keystone Crappie Association (KCA)

Since there is a strong interest in a club verse a tournament series I think its time we all meet to have our first club meeting. What do you guys think? I was thinking of having the first meeting at Crooked Creek Lake. It is an hour and a half from shenango and a hour and forty five minutes from glendale lake. I tried to make this a meet in the middle kind of thing.
    I am planning the meeting for sometime in september. The date will be determined on the availability of a pavillion. I was also thinking that if everyone brings something we could make it a fishing/picnic social and we can talk in detail about what direction you guys/gals would like to go and of course we are going to fish for crappie so bring the boats.
    I would like for those of you who wish to attend please post and let me know. I would like to get an idea of how many are going to attend. Everyone is welcome.
    I do not have anything formal like I said in the previous post. This is just to get everyone interested in the club together and see where it goes from there.
    Sorry for the long post!!!!
    If you have ideas for the club write them down or post here. I will write them down and bring them to the meeting.
    I will post when I get the pavillion.
    Let me know what you think..... :D

I forgot to mention this is a Army corp lake and it is ulimited horse power.
    Where is everybody?
    Last edited by Bob G; 08-08-2004 at 12:03 PM. Reason: additional information
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G
    Since there is a strong interest in a club verse a tournament series I think its time we all meet to have our first club meeting. What do you guys think? I was thinking of having the first meeting at Crooked Creek Lake. It is an hour and a half from shenango and a hour and forty five minutes from glendale lake. I tried to make this a meet in the middle kind of thing.
    I am planning the meeting for sometime in september. The date will be determined on the availability of a pavillion. I was also thinking that if everyone brings something we could make it a fishing/picnic social and we can talk in detail about what direction you guys/gals would like to go and of course we are going to fish for crappie so bring the boats.
    I would like for those of you who wish to attend please post and let me know. I would like to get an idea of how many are going to attend. Everyone is welcome.
    I do not have anything formal like I said in the previous post. This is just to get everyone interested in the club together and see where it goes from there.

Hey Bob

Did my post get you stirred up, lol. I will definitely be there with the wife and boat in tow. I don't have a problem in how far it is. We will need an address to be able to do a map quest. What time of morning are we shooting for, and some will probably travel down the night before, and may need to know of places to stay at, and maybe that is what I will do, but don't know yet at this point. Keith

Let me know what you think..... :D

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Keith, You did get me stirred up.lol I kind of got caught up with everything else that I almost forgot about it. I will work on the address for you and I will also check on the lodging and I will post what I find.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bob, just trying to think of every thing that might be needed, to make the Saturday a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

So far so good. Like the picnic atmosphere, and children are always a good thing. Sept. 11th? Unlimited horsepower - good, that means if the fish aren't cooperating at least we can drag a tube around. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default KCA Sounds great!

The KCA idea sounds like a winner! There is nothing like this in the western PA area and it's about time their should be! These organized events bring out a lot of good people that share the same interests and gives them a chance to share techniques and ideas. COUNT ME IN! I'll be checking back here for the date of the get together.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some information for those who are traveling in. The address for Crooked Creek Lake Park is
    RD 3 Box 323A
    Route 66
    Ford City,Pa. 16226-8815

Hotels are:
    The Inn on Vine (Bed and Breakfast)
    241 Vine St.
    Kittaning, Pa. 16201
    724 545 7744

Comfort Inn
    13 Hill Top Plaza
    Kittaning Pa 16201
    724 543 5200

Quality Inn
    405 Butler Rd
    Kittaning Pa 16201
    724 543 1159

Also, Crooked Creek Park has a campground on site.
    I hope this helps.
    I see alot of people looking and very few posting not sure why so let me know what you think. Remember this is just a start everything is open to suggestions. This club is going to be run by its members! I am here to start the ball rolling. I figure if we start now maybe thru the winter we could get the club on some kind of course and maybe get some tournaments organized as well.
    Its all up to you so let me hear what you have to say.
    I am still waiting on the paper work for the pavillion.
    Thank you for your interest and your patience.
    For those that have posted there interest in the tournaments thread, I apologize but, I need to know if you are still interested so if you could please post again here.
    Thank you,
    Bob Griffith

Ps. I forgot the bait shops here they are:
    Rupp's Sporting Goods
    105 Willow street
    Kittaning, Pa. 16201

Goodman's Bait and Tackle
    RR 66
    Ford City, Pa. 16226
    Last edited by Bob G; 08-11-2004 at 10:23 AM. Reason: additional information
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I received the the reservation form yesterday in the mail. I am undecided whether or not I should reserve the pavillion for september 11th. I need some more input from you guys/gals?
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Could you pick me up?

I'd like to join you guys, but you're about a 6 hours drive from my place up here in Susquehanna county, PA. If there are many crappie fishermen up this way, they sure keep themselves hidden. Ohio fishermen have 2 or 3 websites for themselves, I haven't found 1 decent one for PA. I probably fish NY 80% of the time as I'm 10 or 15 miles from the border and their waters are closer than the PA one's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G
    I received the the reservation form yesterday in the mail. I am undecided whether or not I should reserve the pavillion for september 11th. I need some more input from you guys/gals?
    Mrs. Zig has informed me that my oldest has his 5th birthday party that Saturday. I told her that would be a great day to take him out in the boat with me - she has different ideas.

While looking into the rest of September, .......let's just say it's going to be a busy month. Crooked Creek is about a 4 hour drive from me - which isn't bad if I'd have a full day, or two days, to devote to the trip. Depending on what everyone comes up with, I may still grab a friend and make a marathon day out of it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast