Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Now Im REEEEALLLY Ready For Deer Season

Post Thanks / Like

Default Now Im REEEEALLLY Ready For Deer Season

Went to our Childress, Texas place yesterday and drove to the back part of it where my new deer stand and deer feeder are. I saw 11 does, one fawn, and 5 bucks. 3 of the bucks went from 6 to 10 points. Where my stand is, I have to go thru a barbed wire gate and drive to the back of the property down an old road thru a mesquite thicket. When I was coming back, and got to the barbed wire gate, I looked in the field (also on the property) in front of an old abandoned house on the property, there was no less than 50 (yes fifty) whitetail deer in the field. I nearly pooped. It was too late to be able to tell how many were bucks and how many were does though.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

FO4, Sounds like your in for a great season, I've had the itch for a while now and it's only getting worse as all the hunting shows are showing nothing but whitetail hunting. I had a similar experience last friday evening, went out to check the cows with my dad and we saw well over 40 deer, most of them were within easy rifle range of our stands. A majority of them were does and fawns, it seemed like there were two fawns for every doe, them deer are reproducing like rabbits up here. There were a few small bucks with them. The big bucks are there though, I saw a couple of shooters together two weeks ago in the same place all the does were at. I should have a pretty good chance of getting my first archery deer this season. Last year was my first year to try, I think this year stand location and deer movement are gonna come together in success. Man, just thinking about it got me pumped up again. I handed my wife a piece of paper with important dates on it so she could put it in her calendar, she asked me what was going on and she wasn't too happy when I told her it was my planned hunting schedule.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

lol Well I am ready for the season to open. Problem is with bow hunting, the only bow and arrow I have ever shot in my life had a rubber stoper on the end of the arrow lol. Im left handed and hard to find anyone with a left handed bow and im not paying 500 dollars lol.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

I can't blame you for not wanting to spend $500 on something your not sure you'll use very much. I'm the same way I am currently borrowing a bow to find out if it is something I want to persue. I was looking for a new challenge and thought bow hunting could be it. If I get to bow hunt more than just two days this year I'll have a pretty good idea whether or not I should purchase my own bow.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you put your deer stand in the right place. Now let hope the deer are ready for deer season. They seem to know when season it going to begin because they go and vanish for a while. I guess that is why they call it hunting. Any why have a great season and enjoy.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Well this place hasnt been hunted but maybe 5 times (2 from me last year) in over 10 years. It is over 300 acres and plenty of cover for the deer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by father of 4 View Post
    Well this place hasnt been hunted but maybe 5 times (2 from me last year) in over 10 years. It is over 300 acres and plenty of cover for the deer.
    I bet someone out there would be willing to buy you a top of the line bow for a chance to hunt your property just for a few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Slipped Cork, Thats an IDEA hehe.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Wal-Mart Yesterday and got one of them Remington feeders to put on the barrell I have out at the place since the other one is 8 years old and messed up. Got all the way out to the place and opened the box and it was missing half the items that were supposed to come with it. I guess its my fault for not checking it in the store. Drove all the way back to Wal-Mart and exchanged it and by the time I got back and got the new one on it was 6:45 in the evening. Went ahead and sat in the stand and watched and saw 12 does. 5 came to the feeder so I know now they are used to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dont do it.

Once you start bowhunting you will be hooked for life.