Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seat Question

I bought my first boat today and the dealer told me the two rear seats(Tracker ProV16 combo)came off to be used in the pedastals in the fishing positions and like a dummy I didn't get him to demonstrate. I believe they are a swivel-eze spring type seat base. Can someone please tell me how to remove them? I can't figure it out.

Thanks!!!
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Pab, some of the swivel-eze seat post just slip in the pin base (3/4" post stud), and some have threads on the end that screw to lock in place. Don't know if this is what you're talking about, but since you said swivel-eze, that's what comes to mind....
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

they should just lift up and out on a 3/4" pin? They might turn left right easy but sometimes you have to work on it a little bit to lift them out of the pin base.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me see if I can clarify, I'm wanting to take the seat and seat mount of of the riding position and put on pedastal post in fishing position. From looking at their website it looks like some of the post thread into base plate on deck, but don't see any seat mounts that thread to post(if that makes any sense), looks like it should just drop in/out. Maybe just needs a little WD-40. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Pab, here's what I'm talking about..........Cabela's -- Swivl-Eze Pin Pedestal
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the part that's got me is on the top of the post, my posts drop in/out of deck base, but I think either the seats are just kind of froze up or the dealer was mistaken and aren't compatible to the fishing posts. Thanks for the help.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a tracker for 11 years and if i'm reading right you're saying you cant get the seat to swivel? Loosen the knob on the post a little and see if thats the problem. Sorry if i'm not reading right.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation As I read it ...

what the problem is .... is that he's having trouble getting the seats up/out from their driving/riding position, in order to then place them into the pedestal bases (front/rear) and fish from them.

I take it, your boat seats are something like these :

If so, considering that the seats have little to no room to swivel, when in the riding/driving position .... they'd have to come straight up, out of the floor bases. That would be seat and pedestal, both at the same time. Otherwise, you'd have to remove the seat, then "unscrew" the pedestal from the floor base (???) ... in order to place them in the fore/aft fishing position bases.

If it's a used boat, it may be that the seat pedestals are corroded or rusted into the floor bases. If it's a new boat, it may be just "new snugness". In either case, and especially if they do "screw into" the floor bases ... try some lubrication (like WD-40, or a penetrating oil).

But first ... why not give the dealer a call, and ask for a explanation on how to "change/move" the seats from riding position to fishing position

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seat Question

Hi Guys,

First time poster here. Very informative forum.

On my boat, the seats are impossible to lift out of the riding postion unless you first fold the seat back down - then it is very easy. If I follow the posts correctly, you may still need a post to screw in the fishing position mount that your seat will slide into. Hope this helps.
    Sam in PA and FL

Post Thanks / Like

I got one of the seats loose from riding position a few minutes ago, haven't tried the other one yet, I have to take nap, starting midnights tonight. It was just the 3/4" non-threaded post type, just really, really stubborn. Used some penetrating oil and worked on it a while. The male end has some light corrosion. Anybody have any suggestions for lube, tried silicon after that and it helped a little, but still more work than I like. The male end is metal and the female end is some form of hard plastic. Regular grease or vaseline? Welcome Sam, this a great site and a bunch of great people, there is a lot to be learned here.Also thanks for the advice, but it did come with fishing postion posts. Thanks to the others who helped me out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast