Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big Lake 08/24/2008

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Lake 08/24/2008

My fishing partners were going to a B-Day party so I was fishing solo in big lake. Had a good morning trolling the reefs around the lake. I ended the morning with 10 keeper trout and 4 reds. I did the conservation thing with one trout and turned it loose. It hurt to do it. Phone picture. Sorry it is small.

She was 26 inches long and my scale had her at 5.6 lbs. That is the biggest trout I have caught. She was not big enough for the STAR so back she went. Here is the big red I caught. Took about 20 min. to put it in the net. I was able the reel in the other 4 lines while the drag was being pulled out. That was a sight to see.

The mornings catch, minus the big trout.

I did catch about 10 smaller trout that were 1/2 inches too short, but they were fun. Several times I would double or triple up but would only get one in. Sure wish the kids were with me. Next time the kids said they would be late for their party.
    Put a smile on a little face, take a child fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch there Hookset! Good thing you did releasing that trout b/c the 5 that I kept today ALL had eggs in them. The lake has been good to us this year. I know what you mean about those multiple rods, I was having a hard time with 2! Thanks for the pictures.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch there. Keep it up.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

nice reds hookset!
    I support catch and eat! :D