Post Thanks / Like

Default The full moon

March in the South

Full moon,,

What do you prefer
    The week leading up to or the week after the full moon

This year the full moon is March 22nd a Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

I generally look at three days before the full moon and three days after as the prime time. I fish when I can, though, regardless of the moon phase.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the week before the full moon but will fish anytime I can. Oh, by the way- you have missed the full moon in March of this year already!!!!!!!!:D:D
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STUMP HUNTER View Post
    I like the week before the full moon but will fish anytime I can. Oh, by the way- you have missed the full moon in March of this year already!!!!!!!!:D:D
    & April & May & June & July & August full moons :D

I done well around May & Junes' full moon myself.

Also by my calendar Marchs' full moon was March 21st which was on a Friday Good Friday to be exact :D

Post Thanks / Like

kept records for many yrs. the wk of the full moon, 3 days b4 an after, is the best wk of the month for numbers of big fish. no matter what I'm fishin for. or which month.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by fishdoc View Post
    kept records for many yrs. the wk of the full moon, 3 days b4 an after, is the best wk of the month for numbers of big fish. no matter what I'm fishin for. or which month.

Agree totally. Hope to be doin' more of that beginning 1 October!

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just curious?

Do y'all that abide by the full moon theory go so far as doing a comparison of your catch results compared to the solunar table (best feeding times) for those particular days?
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Me and my Honey fish on Full moon nights. It is romantic and we catch a few fishes. Try it. Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooowl.:D
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvjign View Post
    Do y'all that abide by the full moon theory go so far as doing a comparison of your catch results compared to the solunar table (best feeding times) for those particular days?
    Not really. I've noticed that the "best times" rarely coincide with when I'm able to fish. I've caught fish during supposedly "bad times" and not caught during the peak times.

Regardless of the moon phase, you still have to find the fish and present the bait the way they want it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    Not really. I've noticed that the "best times" rarely coincide with when I'm able to fish. I've caught fish during supposedly "bad times" and not caught during the peak times.

Regardless of the moon phase, you still have to find the fish and present the bait the way they want it.
    Exactly!! I've been getting the "Prime Times" calender every year for several years, heck, I guess as a conversation piece for my office. But, like you say....it's pretty evident that, even though it may be an overall "average" guideline.......it's predictions can be as wrong as wrong can be......at least from what I've seen.

As for the full moon, I can't say that it's had a noticeable affect on how the fish bite here during the spawn, but the peak is in April, not March......put it in their face, and more time than not, they're gonna hammer it......full moon or not.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast