Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Summit Lake Help

BSUTravis Guest

Post Summit Lake Help

New to the Crappie forum so thanks for helping me out! First, I am a Crappie novice! My crappie experience has always been with live minnows under the bobber. I'd like to try my hand and jigs as it seems that you have some more versatility with jigs instead of minnows. Can anyone recommend some colors/combinations/weights that might be a good place to start?

Gonna head to Summit Lake for the first time next week. I understand it's idle only, can anyone recommend any decent places to try first? I hear that the lake is crystal clear with lots of weed beds, is there any standing timber that holds crappie? I'm not trying to steal anyone's honey-hole, I'm a catch and release fan other than taking a few fish for a meal every now and then... Has anyone had any luck on Summit this Spring?

Thanks for the help!

bestshot Guest

I find fishing before daylight hanging a lantern over the side of the boat works great. Takes about 10 minutes for the light to draw the crappie in. They hang just out of the light's edge.

Try this around the humps and outside weed edge. Some times it even brings up some perch
    Last edited by bestshot; 05-15-2005 at 11:25 AM. Reason: font size